Star Creek Camp
SUMMER @ Mill Creek
This is for Mill Creek #1 Mill Creek/Rising Star Summer Camp. We have shorten and combine both school's name to make: Star Creek Camp. You will need to walk through door #15 to rooms 002 (main room) to time and initial your child in and out.
SUMMER CAMP: Week 3 Under the Sea
- Monday, June 20th, Swim Day at Indian Trail pool bring swim gear. Children must pass our vigorous test (their 1st swim day at camp) to play in "deep" water areas: slide (must be 42" tall), dive board/rock wall, basketball/lap lanes. We do NOT test on Fridays. Departing camp at 12:30p, return by 3:45p.
- Tuesday-Kona Ice is coming, bring some money 3:20p
- Wednesday-Swim Day at Indian Trail pool, bring swim gear. Departing camp at 12:30p, return by 3:45p
- Thursday-Valley Park in Grandview, MO., and movie "Finding Dory" at Cinemark on the Plaza. Snack packs can be purchased for $5.50, children may chose between lemonade or water (no soda), there will be other options of concessions that range in price (still no soda). Departing camp at 9am, return by 4:30pm. Please make sure your child(ren) wear their JCPRD camp shirt and tennis shoes. Bring a sack lunch and water bottle, place in baskets by doors.
- Friday-Swim Day at Indian Trail pool, bring swim gear. Departing camp at 12:30p, return by 3:45p
Campers will need a sack lunch daily
Please note that we are a screen and tech free site, these gadgets need to stay safe at home.
Parents need to walk and initial and time in/out children every day.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
- A sunscreened camper
- A type of bag or pack with name on it to hold all things
- Water bottle with name on it
- A jacket or sweatshirt for those chilly campers
- A book or homework packet
- Tennis shoes (flip flops are for pool time only)
- A hat of some sort
- A smile is always good to have
- On swim days; swim gear and towel
- Sack lunch daily with camper's name labeled on it
- $$ on Kona Ice days and field trip days that campers could be tempted to spend
- Check-In: Please walk your child(ren) in and sign in/out each day in attendance at camp. If you know your child(ren) will not be coming to camp, please call us at 913.599.5785 or email email@example.com (We will have limited access to email during the summer). Make sure your child is sun screened and at camp 30 minutes prior to a field trip. We are on a strict schedule for our field trips and need to depart on time.
- Snack: We are very excited to report that we have taken the Commit to Health Pledge! In doing so you can expect to see our summer camp participants engaging in more physical activity, learning about good nutrition, and eating healthier snacks while in attendance at JCPRD. Commit to Health is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park and Association and The Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Our staff has worked hard to develop a new food service menu that features items that are nutrient dense, low in fat, sugar, and sodium, as well as more fresh fruits and vegetables. Please support our efforts to help students develop healthy eating habits by encouraging them to be open to trying new foods and by reinforcing the benefits of nutritious diet. Healthy snacks and meals improve cognitive function, increase energy, and help children grow strong muscles and bones!
- GEAR Time: Group Enrichment Achievement & Reading Time. On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, when we return from the pool we will have a quiet time for reading and enrichment achievement time. We will have reading logs through the Johnson County Library that children can log their reading times throughout the summer, at the end of summer they can turn in and receive a free book. Please have your child(ren) bring in a book to read (we will have a small selection) or if they have summer homework packets they can have time at camp to work on it. Our staff will be happy to help in any way. We also will have kids brainstorm experiments and the schematics of it to do at camp.
- Activities: We will have daily clubs; Walking club, kids will wear pedometers to track steps and at the end we will see how far across the world we have gone and Yoga & STEM Power Hour, Tennis club, Art Works, and much more themed activities every week.
- Outside/Gym Time: We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will be outside for long period of times. Please make sure your child(ren) comes sun screened to camp and we will screen them every 2 hrs when outside. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket with their name labeled inside it. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check In-Out: WE OPEN AT 7AM. You need to WALK your child(ren) IN and TIME & INITIAL IN. When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and TIME & INITIAL THEM OUT. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:00pm. Please note that our JCPRD staff have busy summer lives and need to get to where they're going on time too.