Calm, Clarity, Compassion, Courage
I hope this finds you happy and healthy! (And staying warm with all this long-lasting winter weather.) As we rapidly approach Spring Break in a couple of weeks, I wanted to share a few important events coming our way in the next month.
First, our Family Fun with Reading Night is next week! On Wednesday, March 15th from 5:00-6:00. We will welcome parents and caregivers into classrooms. Teachers will share important updates on progress in reading and engage the group in community building. We will also practice routines to help support reading development at home. We are eager for everyone to see how far our students have come this year! This incredible growth could not be made without our vital partnership between home and school. Students will head to the cafeteria and gym for some fun movie-watching and games supervised by our incredible staff.
Secondly, in coordination with the City of Talent, TES and TMS will engage in an analysis of our traffic flow patterns around our schools. This work is made possible by a grant through the state, Safe Routes to School. We will have a parent meeting at TES 5:30-6:30 on April 12th to gather input on this important topic and have a site visit on April 13th. The aim of this work is to ensure the safety of all students (and families) traveling to and from school. Relatedly, I wanted to remind everyone about the preferred traffic pattern for drop-off and pick-up. Our hope is that everyone enters the drop-off/pick-up lane from School House Rd. And, please be extra mindful of those who park and have to cross through the car line. Thank you for your help with this matter!
That's it for now! I hope to see everyone at our PTA sponsored Family Dance night this Friday. I will challenge anyone to a dance-off if they show up! (See details below.)
- $2.00 Admission per person or $5.00 for a family of 3 or more
- Cash preferred, but able to take electronic payment as well.
- Food & Drink tickets 4 for $1.00 (each item takes 2 tickets).
- Free Glow stick with entry fee
- Students (of any age) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Future Chefs Competition
Please see the attached flyer below.
Spring Break Camp
- Friday, March 10th ~ Family Dance 5-7pm
- Wednesday, March 15th 5-6pm ~ Family Fun with Reading Night
- Friday, March 17th ~ Fun Run 1:30
- Thursday, March 23rd - Friday March 31st ~ Spring Break
- Monday, April 3rd ~ PTA Meeting 6pm
- Monday, April 10th ~ Teacher In Service Day , No School
- Wednesday, April 19th 3-6pm ~ Kinder Launch