The CityLab Connect
Week of September 5th, 2022
Message from the Principal
A couple of dates I want you to know:
September 6th- Open House- meet the teachers 5:00-6:30. PTO will also meet at 6:00 to review their plans for the year. Teachers will be here at school until 6:30.
September 13th 6:00-6:45 - Senior Parent Meeting at CityLab. Seniors and Parents please plan to attend this event to plan for your student's senior year
Finally- Thank you for reminding your student to wear their name badge as a safety precaution. All students now have one and will be required to wear their badge when entering the building. Next week they will get a temporary badge should they not have the one that the school provided. These badges are free for the 1st time and $1.00 for each time after that. A new badge costs $5.00 to cover the materials. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Please check the links below and our link tree for specific information.
We look forward to a great third week of school!
Please contact your student's AP for specific questions
Ms. Williams is the 11th and 12th grade AP. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Price is the 9th and 10th grade AP. (email@example.com
Our protocol for concerns is to start with the teacher, then the AP and finally, the principal if necessary.
As always- thank you for the support of the school! This community of parents, teachers, and students is awesome to work for, and I feel blessed every day to have this opportunity. Our door is always open for questions, concerns, or comments.
Have safe and joyful Holiday!!!
Schedule for week of 9/5
Monday, Sept. 5-no school
Tuesday, Sept. 6-A Day
Wednesday, Sept. 7-B Day
Thursday, Sept. 8-A Day
Friday, Sept .9-B Day
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.
9/6-Open House/Meet the Teacher 5:00-6:30 PM
9/6-PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
10/13-End of first 9 weeks
10/17-Second 9 weeks begins