Concussion awareness for athletes
Football Can Be Dangerous
Dangers of Hits
When someone takes a blow to the head, it can cause lots of damage. This typically results in a concussion which can inhibit brain function. Football players take extremely hard hits during games which makes them an easy target for a concussion. You need to be able to recognize the symptoms of a concussion early so that they can seek medical attention.
Some signs and symptoms may include:
- Headache or pressure on the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response
After taking a blow to the head
This player is showing signs of a concussion.
Taking a hit
This player has been hit so hard that his helmet came off.
Hard Hits Lead to Head Injury
This player is in the middle of receiving an extremely hard hit.
How to Prevent a Concussion
- Wear protective equipment when playing a contact sport.
- Know the signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Try to avoid areas that put you at risk of getting a concussion.
- Know the dangers of a concussion.