CBA OAKS News Update
Hello Chesterbrook Academy Families!
Welcome again to the 2016-2017 school year! We would first like to thank you for choosing CBA OAKS this year. We are very excited to be back in session and eager to show you what we have planned for this year. During the first weeks of school, your child(ren) experienced what their new classroom is like, and has had the opportunity to slowly get back into the flow of a new school year.
Here are some reminders/updates:
1) All outstanding paperwork is now past due. Miss Ashley at the front desk will be sending emails to those families who still owe forms. Please complete any forms due and return promptly.
2) School starts at 8:30 a.m. All students who arrive past 8:35 a.m. will be walked to their classroom by an administrator at the front desk and will be marked tardy. School ends at 3:30 p.m, buses depart and aftercare begins for those enrolled. If you need to change your child’s schedule for before or after-care or an early dismissal, please email and copy Ashley.Cussen@nlcinc.com, and Kathleen.McCall@nlcinc.com In this way we can be sure that changes to your child's schedule can be honored. Please email any changes BEFORE NOON!! Last minute phone calls cannot be honored for the safety of the students!
3) Car line begins at 8:25 a.m. Please do not exit your car at any time during car line. Students will be greeted and escorted by a teacher, and then brought to their classrooms.
4) If your child is going to be absent from school, we ask that you call the school by 9 a.m. at 610-935-4400 or email your teacher and copy Miss Ashley Ashley.Cussen@nlcinc.com
5) Students are to wear approved CBA logoed gear to school. This does include sweat shirts and sweaters. All students should also wear socks to school. Students may wear their gym uniform for the entire day on days designated for gym class.
6) The children will have their first Fire Drill and will practice lockdown procedures this coming week.
7) Chesterbrook Academy is a NUT FREE zone for all classroom snacks. We DO allow nut products during lunch only.
8) Please be sure to check your teacher’s website daily. This is a great resource for important classroom information. They can be accessed on the CBA OAKS Website on the top tab: Faculty Directory.
9) PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE THE SCHOOL CODE AS SOME STAFF DO NOT KNOW YOU YET AND DON’T WANT TO BUZZ IN UNKNOWN FACES. REMEMBER THE NEW CODE IS 0727#
14) THERE WILL BE A P.T.A.C MEETING on Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 21, 2016 – All parents are welcome in Room 12 from 5pm – 6pm! Childcare will be provided for CBA students.
10) PICTURE DAY IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 – Uniforms are NOT required for this picture day! Please return your picture background selection forms!
11) GRANPARENTS TEA and BINGO is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th – at 2pm. Of course, Senior representatives are welcome!
12) The BOOST-A-THON continues! Sponsored by P.A.C., your Boost-A-Thon donations directly benefit the students of Chesterbrook Academy with Library themed equipment and Assembly activities this school year! Donations will be used to directly benefit our students!!
13) The First DRESS DOWN DAY IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2016. Send in your Dress Down Forms today! Pre-payment check of $10 to CBA-PAC will allow your student to dress down the first Friday of every month!
14) School will be closed on Monday, October 10, 2015 for Columbus Day/ Faculty Development.
Looking Ahead to Halloween at CBA Oaks: Friday, October 28, 2016
Halloween Parties: 2.00pm ~ Halloween Parade: 2.45pm
Save the Date for our Fall Spooktakular!
NEW THIS YEAR: A Trunk or Treat CELEBRATION
more news to come!
Friday, October 28, 2016 6.00pm to 8.30pm