By: Molly Booger
- Jesse Owens was born on September 12, 1913 and he died on March 31, 1980
- Jesse's early childhood in Alabama was essentially happy because he had no idea how poor he was.
- When Jesse was 5 he had a fibrous tumor on his chest and his parents didn't have much money to get it removed his mother cut it off with a kitchen knife.
- As a kid Jesse has always loved running even though he wasn't very good at it, but he loved it because it was something you could do all by yourself.
The Berlin Olympics
- He was the first african american runner to be in the olympics
- "Jesse Owens finest moment came from the 1936 Berlin Olympics. He won gold in the 100m, long jump, 200m, and 4*100 meter relay."
- " After owens won one gold medal, hitler stormed out of the Olympic stadium so he wouldn't have to congratulate Owens on his victory."
- in 1935 he was at a track meet where he broke 3 world records Long jump, 22 yards, 220 yard hurdles. The record stood for 25 years.
The Berlin olympics
Jesse Owens at the olympics
"We all have dreams, but in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort"
Jesse Owens has a biography in the times magazine for kids.
Jesse is a risk taker because...
When Jesse Owens was a kid he had a fibrosus tumor on his chest. Since his family was poor when he was growing up, they didn't have enough a money to get it surgically removed. So one night his removed it with a kitchen knife. Not long after his "surgery" he began to run again which threatened his health even more.
Jesse Owens was the first african american runner in the olympics. Now when the Berlin Olympics were going on Hitler was in charge, so he was the one attending the olympic. HItler didn't want Jesse or any of the african american who came with Jesse to be there. For Jesse to go to the olympics when he knew nobody wanted him there is a really brave thing to do.