2020-2021 October 30, 2020
Tuesday, November 3rd
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
- Spirit Night - Raising Canes
Friday, November 6th
- End of progress report grading period
Sunday, November 8th
- New End Date for Friends of Collins Fundraiser
- End of Collins Virtual Book Fair
Monday, November 9th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 PM via Zoom
Wednesday, November 11th
- Progress Report available in Parent Access
November 16th - 20th
- Generation Texas Week
Thank you LC 5-1 Parents
These gifts of love were delivered to all Collins staff today. The Collins staff sends all of our thanks and appreciation for your kindness and generosity. We will never be able to express how much this means to all of us.
Red Ribbon Week
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our Red Ribbon Week dress up days! Every morning, we held announcements commemorating Red Ribbon Week, and our kids were superheroes and really learned “sock it to drugs” and “give drugs the boot!” We couldn’t have had such a successful week without your help, so thank you so much for helping your student participate!
Friends of Collins
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Virtual Book Fair
This weekend is a great time to drop by the online book fair and build your home library! It will be available now until Nov 8!
Nurse Kendall Update
If someone in your household tests positive for Covid-19 and you keep your child at home to quarantine, please notify the school. The information is confidential and we keep track for statistical purposes. If you have any questions about the process do not hesitate to call me at 281-298-3809.
As your children participate in extracurricular activities it is important to stay diligent in healthy practices to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
HealthyChildren.org has some great advice for families participating in youth sports and other activities.
The following is a helpful graphic for parents of children with asthma:
At Home Learning Calendar
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.