5th Grade News Bennett Elementary
Week of January 11-15th
What's Happening in ELAR/ Social Studies
In Reading, we will continue working on reading and analyzing dramas. We will continue our new book club books, as well!
In Social Studies, students will work in groups to learn about the Articles of Confederation, the creation of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Branches of Government. Your child can begin to study their research questions from their ELM to help them be successful on their Constitution District Assessment, which will be Friday, January 22nd. A study guide will go home this Friday.
Homework and spelling words are attached below!
Attached below is a Six Flags Reading Log. All students should be spending time reading 6 hours and recording it on the Six Flags Reading Log. This log is due February 29th. ALL students need to strive to complete this!
What's Happening in Math/ Science
In Math, we will be beginning our new unit of study: Graphs. We will be creating and analyzing scatterplots, frequency tables, dot plots and steam and leaf graphs. There will be a new homework assignment, that is attached below, that will be due on Tuesday, January 19th.
In Science, we will continue to research, complete our DIY menus, and attend workshops on Space. We will work towards creating the paper slideshow for our final project. Your child needs to be studying for their vocabulary quiz, on Tuesday, January 19th. The words are attached below if an additional copy is needed.
Math and Science Homework
- Monday, January 11th- STUCO meeting @ 7:15a; 2nd & 3rd Grade Jr. Spelling Bee @ 2:00p; Jump Rope for Heart begins in PE
- Tuesday, January 12th- Class Pictures; 4th & 5th Grade Spelling Bee @ 2:00p
- Friday, January 15th- Principal's Coffee @ 8:15a in the Bennett Learning Commons; 5th Dowell Music Tour at Bennett - 10:00-11:30
- Monday, January 18th - No School
- January 19th-January 29th- Watch Dog Sign-ups (link below)
- Tuesday, January 19th - Taste it Tuesday
- Wednesday, January 20th - Variety Show Screening; 3:15 in the cafe
- Thursday, January 21st - Variety Show Emcee & Stage Hands Auditions @ 3:15 in Ms. Mac's room
- Friday, January 22nd- Bennett Bingo Night from 6:30-8:00pm; Jump Rope for Heart ends
- Monday, January 25th - Bluebonnet book reviews due
- Friday, January 29th - Friday Live @ 2:15p
- Monday, February 8th - Bennett Variety Show (Save the date... Details below)
- Saturday, February 20th- 8:00-10:00a - Breakfast with Benny at Applebees (tickets must be purchased prior to event)
- Friday, March 4th - First Annual Bennett Color Run
Watch Dog Sign-Ups for the 2nd Semester
They will be January 19th- January 29th.
Please use the following link to sign-up:
Bennett Variety Show
Emcee/ Stage Hand Screening: Thursday, January 21st @ 3:15 in Mrs. Mac's room (5th ONLY)
1st Mandatory Practice: Either Tuesday Feb. 2nd OR Wednesday Feb. 3rd at 3:15 in the cafeteria (all acts will be assigned ONE of these dates)
2nd Mandatory Practice: Thursday, February 4th @ 3:15 in the cafeteria (ALL acts required to attend)
Full Dress Rehearsal: Friday. February 5th @ 3:15 in the cafeteria (all acts, emcees, and stage hands required to attend)
Monday, February 8th
K-2 to view at 8:30a
3-5 to view at 9:30a
Family Show at 6:30p
Bennett 5th Grade
Shannon Dusek - email@example.com
Beth Higgins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie White - email@example.com