Panda Prints 🐼
WPE Community Newsletter - Week of March 1, 2021
- March 1-5 Read Across America Week see flyer for details
- Wednesday, March 3- 4th grade MOCK Writing STAAR for online learners on campus 8:30-11:30 sign up HERE.
- Thursday, March 4-4th grade MOCK Writing STAAR for on campus learners.
- Monday, March 15 through 19th - Spring Break Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
- Monday, March 22nd - Elementary Holiday (NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS)
- Friday, April 2 - Good Friday Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
- Friday, April 9- Spring Picture- more info to come
Menu Changes for WPE
Thursday, February 25: Cereal or French Toast Sticks or Mini Donuts
Friday, February 26: Cereal or Pancake on a Stick or WG Pop-tarts
Thursday, February 25: Hamburger/Cheeseburger or Cheese Quesadilla
Friday, February 26: Breaded Chicken Drumstick or Fish Nuggets
To enhance the safety of our students and staff a new fence has been installed around the perimeter of our grounds over the break.
Super Kids Day @ WPE
We are planning a modified version of SKD in April this year that addresses COVID and still allows students to participate in this special annual event. Flyers are going home today on how you can help! FLYER
CHANGING LEARNING LOCATION
Parents can change their student's learning location by using the Learning Location Form. Please allow 2-3 days to process. The district will be reaching out to all families to determine learning locations for next year. Please
CURBSIDE MEAL LOCATIONS - Mondays & Wednesdays (ONLY)
Virtual Learners & ALL children ages 1-18 years old
- Free Curbside Meals To Go will resume Wednesday, January 6.
- Meals distributed Mondays & Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- All virtual learning students regardless of meal eligibility (free, reduced, or full paid), will be able to pick up curbside meals at no cost.
- ALL children in the community ages 1-18 years old may pick up curbside meals at no cost
- Mondays: two breakfast meals and two lunch meals will be distributed.
- Wednesdays: three breakfast meals and three lunch meals will be distributed.
Foster Elementary, Park Lakes Elementary, Ridge Creek Elementary, Timberwood Middle School, Atascocita High School, Humble High School, and Kingwood Park High School.
*AHS meal distribution is near the cafeteria in the back of the main building. This parking lot entrance's access road is West Lake Houston Parkway. AHS Curbside Meal Map
* KPHS meal distribution is at the Larry Cooper Athletic Center entrance.
Families with multiple children within different grade levels can go to ANY one location. Each location will have slightly different meals. Some food may require cooking. Please see Humble ISD Child Nutrition’s Website for cooking instructions.
Parents and Guardians must bring student’s ID, proof of student enrollment in HAC, or Student Name and ID number. To speed up the process parents can display a sign with student names and ID numbers over the rearview mirror.
Check out their resources, contact information and the focus for this quarter on their 3rd Quarter Newsletter.
Did you know???
Our WPE Pandas are learning about self-awareness. Recognizing our emotions helps us learn to be in charge of how we act, no matter what we’re feeling. One way to check in with your child’s emotional temperature is using a Fist to Five check in. Have your child teach you about Fist to Five so you and your child can understand each other’s emotional state.
Studies show that positive affirmations lead to positive thinking. Get our Panda’s day started on a positive note by having them say this positive affirmation everyday this week.