Old vs. New Technology
By: Anna Frischmon
- At first, Internet was not available and did not become mainstream until 1991.
- The first Macintosh had a handle for easy transportation, required a floppy disk to work, and had 12-13 different fonts.
- Old Computers required you to type in certain codes in order to do certain functions
- When Internet did become available, it made a very crazy and loud noise while it connected
- In a household, one person could not be talking on the phone while the other was on the Internet
- The Apple Lisa was the first computer to come out with a mouse
- Computers and laptops are able to connect to the internet almost instantly and can run while someone is using the phone.
- Handheld devices allow access to the internet almost anywhere.
- Thousands and thousands of different applications are able to be downloaded and used for different things (texting, designing, directions, etc).
- There is a higher risk of exposing your personal information online.
- Schools are giving their students iPads and laptops to do their homework on.