First Grade News February 5, 2016
What have we been up to this week?
- In reading, we discussed point of view. This is a tricky concept for many students as it often requires making inferences! Encourage your child to tell you what a character may be feeling using text clues while reading at home.
- In writing, we practiced writing about our opinion. At the end of the week, students wrote their opinion about the book The Day the Crayons Came Home. This book was a huge hit in our classroom!
- In Social Studies, we learned about the Statue of Liberty. We were able to watch a live feed of the New York City harbor while we completed our work!
(Remember that I do not have all of my homeroom kids in math.
Be sure to ask your child what he/she is doing in math class!)
A Visit from a Dental Hygienist
Students practiced brushing dragons' teeth!
Learning about the importance of brushing our gums, tongue, cheeks, and the roof of our mouth in addition to our teeth!
Students "brushed" plaque off of their teeth!
- eLearning Surveys were sent home last Friday, and we are still missing a few. If you have not returned your child's survey, please do so ASAP!
- Starting on the 6th snow day or any day after Spring Break, BCSC will have an eLearning Day. Students will NOT report to school on an eLearning Day, but will complete assignments online through itsLearning. To learn more, click here.
Mark Your Calendar
March 14-18: Spring Break
March 24: IN SCHOOL - Snow Make-Up Day #2
March 25: IN SCHOOL - Snow Make-Up Day #1