November 17, 2017 V1.11
On the Calendar
11/20- Student Leadership-Wear your Student Leadership Shirt Today
11/22- Wednesday-Half Day Dismissal at 11:21 - No Lunch
11/23- No School
11/24- No School
11/29- Second and Third Grade Concert @ Lance
Reflections is a great activity to do over Thanksgiving break where there will be opportunities for picture taking, arts, and crafts with family and friends. Record that dance routine, film a movie, or write your story. This year’s Reflections theme is “Within Reach” which has so much possibility! We are looking forward to seeing more of the creative work from our Whittier students!
If you have any questions about Reflections, please contact Lisa Taffe, Reflections Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Host Family!
We will be hosting students and teachers from Beijing Primary School again this year. We will have 16 students and 4 teachers join us for a week in January. We are looking for families to serve as host families for the students. This is a wonderful cultural opportunity for our children to learn more about another country and culture.
Our host families will provide a safe, respectful, and appropriate home environment that understands differences. Our host families
- · Are welcoming and flexible!
- · Make our guest students or teachers a part of your family!
- · Provide room/bed for the student or teacher.
- · Involve the students/teachers in your family activities.
- · Provide transportation to and from school/events.
- · Share your culture as it is in everyday life.
- · Create time and opportunities for work, recreation, and personal time.
- · Help improve the students/teachers use of English language.
If you are willing to serve as a host family this year, please complete the form and return it to Mrs. Curley by November 30th. Access the form by clicking here.
Holiday Gift Drive
Drop Off Begins at 7:15 AM
Mon-Thur 7:25 AM - 2:25 PM
Friday Dismissal 11:21 AM
6:55 – 7:25 a.m in MPR
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM