Enrollment Management for 2016-17
Just want to keep all of you in the loop with the changes regarding enrollment management for next school year. In an effort to balance class sizes at all CG schools as our community grows, Maple Grove will gain around 85 students from CGES next school year. Affected neighborhoods include Enclave, Mark I, Tremont, and Clary Crossing Apartments. Postcards were mailed to all residents of those neighborhoods today, and a community informational meeting is planned on Monday, February 29, 2016 from 7-8pm in the CGHS Auditorium.
CGCSC has a full website of information active at www.centergrove.k12.in.us/enrollmentmanagement. This page includes the information above, along with maps, dates/guidelines for transfer and grandfathering applications, and frequently asked questions.
I am excited to share that we are instituting a Maple Grove Spelling Bee! All 4th and 5th grade classes are eligible, and the Maple Grove Spelling Bee will take place on Mar. 14th at 2:30. The winner will represent Maple Grove in the county spelling bee on April 19th. I look forward seeing our students shine!
4th and 5th grade teachers, I will sending detailed info your way by Monday.
Tweets of the Week!
In The Know...
- 2/22: SST's
- 2/24: 8:15am Faculty meeting for all ISTEP proctors
- 2/24: ER: Instructional Rounds
- 3/1-3/3: ISTEP testing (make-ups afterward)
High Ability Testing
Grade 2 Terra Nova Thursday, March 10
Grade 3 Terra Nova Thursday, February 25
Grade 4 Terra Nova Thursday, February 18
Grade 5 Terra Nova Thursday, March 17 & Friday, March 18 (only if needed)
NNAT-2/Writing Prompt (gr. 2-5) Monday, February 22
InView Thursday, April 7
Make-up Monday, April 4
A Big Superstar goes to...
- Angela Talarzyk for planning a wonderful RAK week for our students and staff!
- all who contributed hearts for the kindness tree! How heartwarming. We even shared pictures of it with our school board.
- (from Courtneigh): I want to send a special thanks to my first grade team for helping me while I had to be out and also helping me get ready for this week!
- (from Courtneigh): I also want to send a special thanks to Mrs. Debruyn for meeting with me on her day off and being so kind to all of our MG students!
- Don't forget, you can nominate a colleague for Superstar recognition in the Friday Focus, or you can share good news so that we can share in your joy as well!