Vernon Township High School, October 2017
Contact Your Counselor
Mrs. Carol Gonzalez
Ms. Mary Jean Ryerson
10th Grade (Last name A-Deg)
11th Grade (Last name A-Day)
12th Grade (Last name A-Deg)
Mrs. Petrina Garrity
10th Grade (Last name Deh-J)
11th Grade (Last name De-J)
12th Grade (Last name Deh-J)
Mrs. Donna Picciuto
10th-12th Grade (Last name K-Q)
Ms. Alexis DiMartino
10th-12th Grade (Last name R-Z)
Scholarships- Who couldn't use a little extra money for college?
Here are some helpful tips for applying
- Make a scholarship binder. Put the scholarships you are applying for in order by due date to help keep yourself organized.
- Apply early! Don't wait for the last minute and risk missing a deadline.
- Ask for letters of recommendation now. Don't use the same letter you used for your college application, ask your teacher/counselor or coach to tweak the letter for scholarships.
- Don't sweat the essay. Often you can reuse the same essay for different scholarships with small adjustments.
- Read the directions. Send only what they are looking for...no more, no less and on time.
- Get official transcripts. Official transcripts are signed, dated and in a sealed envelope with the schools official raised seal on them. These can be received through the College & Careers Center.
Here's who is coming this month!
10/3 8-9am Stevens Institute of Technology
10/3 9-10am Misericordia University
10/3 12:30-1:30pm Rutgers University- Camden
10/4 10-11am University of New England
10/10 11:30-12:30pm Fairleigh Dickenson University
10/11 11:30-12:30pm SUNY Oswego
10/11 1:30-2:30pm Binghamton University
10/12 8-9am Juniata College
10/12 11:30-12:30pm Coastal Carolina University
10/13 8-9am Castleton University
10/16 10-11am Sacred Heart University
10/17 8-9am Emmanuel College
10/17 9-10am Pennsylvania College of Technology
10/18 8-9am Penn State University
10/19 11-12am Drew University
10/25 8-9am John Jay College of Criminal Justice
10/26 11:30-12:30pm University of Buffalo
Important Upcoming Dates
Parents/Guardians are asked to bring the following to assist with completing the application:
- Students driver's license number
- 2016 federal tax returns
- W-2 forms
- 1098-G forms for unemployment
- Bank Statements
- Social Security cards/Alien Regsitration card
- Any other income documentaion for the 2016 year
- FSA User ID and Password- can be obtained from the following link: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Wednesday, October 11th PSAT's 7:15am All 10th & 11th graders will be taking the PSAT's. Please note, there is no make up date!
Thursday, October 12th College Fair 7-9:00 pm Come join us for a county-wide college fair. Meet with reps from 2-year, 4-year & Technical schools as well as Military representatives. All grades welcome!
Thursday, October 26th College Application Night 5-9 pm Work with our School Counselors to complete your college applications in one night! Refreshments will be served!
Wednesday, November 1st Parents College Support Group Meeting 7pm Meeting in the upper library