The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
I hope you had a wonderful week! :)
We had a productive, busy week at school. Students have been learning even more about the art of informational writing, and they are in the process of creating their own "how-to" pieces! These will be complete next week, after an editing and publishing lesson. How exciting!
Math has been an adventure as well, as students are mastering telling time and counting coins. Our behavioral system, which ties in money, has been incredibly helpful in making money meaningful (I just love alliteration, don't you?!). :) Your child brought home a review packet on Wednesday (due Tuesday with a parent signature). If your child is able to complete this packet independently, he or she will be well prepared for the assessment next week (Wednesday and Thursday).
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Please ask your child:
- Did you meet with Mrs. LaCrosse in a small group this week? What did you learn?
- What did you learn about folktales? Give me an example of a folktale. What are some characteristics of folktales?
- What types of folktales have you learned (fairy tales, fables, myths)? What characteristics are important to each type of folktale?
- How did science writing help you while doing your informational writing?
- What is your topic for your "how-to" writing?
- Tell me about the AMAZING lead you wrote. What materials are needed for your "how-to"? What is the procedure for completing your "how-to"?
- Show me four different way to make $1.00.
- What coins can I use to make (43) cents?
- Draw a clock for me. Show me (different times to the hour, half hour, and five minutes, etc. 3:30, 5:00, 6:10).
- What is the difference between AM and PM?
Please continue to encourage your child's use of IXL at home to support the learning at school!
The Week Ahead...
NO SCHOOL Friday--teacher institute day!