GRE Staff Newsletter
For the Week of February 25, 2019
It's amazing how short weeks can some times feel crazy long! Thank you for the late hours put in on Thursday night for parent teacher conferences. There were some difficult conversations happening around the building but you handled them with kindness and support. This week we will celebrate Read Across America week. Don't forget that you are welcome to wear jeans if you are participating in the themed spirit day.
We are deep in the second round of OTES. I am loving spending 1-1 time together talking about instruction. As I said in the first round, I continue to be impressed with the things I see happening around GRE. Some highlights include amazing co-teaching models, deep guided reading discussions, and writing that stretches learners to go further than they imagined. Way to go! If you have not scheduled your second OTES and you are on a full cycle, please email me some potential dates for formal observations. I am continuing to get around for my informal observations as well. If you see me enter with my laptop, that's a good sign I'm completing your walkthrough.
Thank you for all you do to support our students! Here's to a great week!
News to Share
1. Eagle Ed is around the corner. We are ready to start signing up for sessions. Click here to get started. Teacher sign up ends March 8th!
2. PAC will meet this Tuesday-click here for a DRAFT agenda.
3. I know we haven't been getting out to recess too often, but when we do, it's important that you spread out and closely monitor the students. It's easy to get sucked into meaningful conversations with colleagues but this is not the time to do it. Please help challenge each other to keep our focus during recess on the students and save conversations for alternate times during the day.
4. Shout out to Mary Wolf for being #FutureDriven. She completed our book trail and will receive a Casual Sticker. I currently have two copies of this book available in the office. Who is next?
5. Rockin' Recess is this Friday along with the Third Grade Vocabulary Parade at 2:30. To top it off Party Wagon is on Friday as well! It will be a blast-be sure to read any additional emails that come out this week regarding this topics so that you can be prepared.
This week's PLC challenge is to work with your PAC member on supplies and budgeting. Your PAC member will have more information about this after Tuesday's meeting.
Week at a Glance
Monday, Feb. 25- D Day; Fox in Socks Day (Wear crazy or mismatched socks)
Tuesday, Feb. 26- A Day; Cat in the Hat Day (Wear your favorite hat); PAC Meeting 3:45
Wednesday, Feb. 27- B Day; Wacky Wednesday (Wear your wackiest outfit); Yoga at 4:15
Thursday, Feb. 28- C Day; Green Eggs and Ham Day (Wear green)
Friday, March 1- D Day; Horton Hears a "Song" (Wear your best rock star gear); Rockin' Recess (during your recess time, in the gym); Party Wagon; 3rd Grade Vocabulary Parade 2:30
Upcoming Important Dates:
Feb. 25-Mar. 1 Read Across America Week
March 1 Rockin’ Recess
March 5-7 Inview & Terra Nova Testing (2nd & 4th)
*This is being run by Sarah Wytzka and Katie Yeager
March 11 Spring Pictures
March 14 Pastries with Parents; PTO Meeting 6:30pm
March 15 Pastries with Parents
March 21 Art day
March 22 Eagle Ed
Mar. 25-29 NO SCHOOL