The Crissman Connection
March 4, 2022
Hi Crissman Families,
I have exciting news that school volunteers are welcomed back into the building. The capacity to which volunteers are needed in the classroom is dependent on the grade-level and individual teachers. Our teachers will be reaching out to their families with volunteer opportunities. Utica Community Schools does require a background check on file to volunteer in our schools. Any prospective volunteer of Utica Community Schools including those who will be supervising students, working with students, chaperoning field trip, etc. must complete a Criminal History Check Form and be cleared prior to any volunteer services. If you need a UCS Background Check form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am excited to announce that Utica Community Schools is engaged in strategic planning as part of a process of continuous improvement. Through AccelerateUCS!
Utica Community Schools will create a defined number of achievable goals, supported by action steps, to deliver high-quality experiences for students.
Your voice is essential to this process. We are asking all UCS parents/guardians to complete a survey about current district performance in the areas of teaching and learning, district culture, district leadership, resources, and operations. You will also be asked to identify priorities the district should focus on in these same areas. Your feedback will contribute to the development of the strategic plan for the district.
The survey was emailed to all families on Thursday, March 3.
In addition, students in grades seven through twelve will be invited to participate in the survey through a message sent directly to their school district issued email. Parents are asked to encourage their secondary student to complete the survey to ensure their voice is included in the strategic planning process.
6th Grade News
7th grade Immunization Info:
The Macomb County Health Department (MCHD) School Immunization Program has an important message for you and the parents of future 7th graders to prepare them for the 2022-2023 academic school year.
The attached supportive material includes:
- How to Obtain a Non-Medical Waiver
- School Parent Resources
- MCHD Immunization Clinic Hours & Locations
These documents and more information are available at the Macomb County Health Department/Programs/Disease Control/School Immunization Program website.
Immunization Forms above can also be used for Incoming Kindergarten Students
Registration now open 2022-23 kindergarten students
Parking Lot Safety
I wanted to review the parking lot procedures for our school. I know that many of you may already know these procedures; however, it is always a great reminder for our families.
1) Use the student drop off zone located to the left of the parking lot entrance from 9:10-9:20am. Please do not enter the bus loop during this time as it’s unsafe and causes additional congestion in the parking lot.
2) Student Drop-Off Lane: Move all the way to the back of this area (near the dumpsters/playground) and pull up next to the orange traffic cones. Once you arrive at the orange cones, please have your child exit the vehicle quickly and do not linger so that the next car may proceed in a timely manner. Please do not enter the area past the cones as this is a designated student pathway during this time. When your child has exited the car, please continue the “loop” around the end of the lot (in front of the dumpster/playground) and exit to Wolf Drive.
3) Parking in the Subdivision- Please do not park on the street where you see signs that say “No parking, Stopping, or Standing”. If you can read the sign when you are parking, do not park there OR if you are between the two signs, do not park there. Double Parking- Please do not park on both sides of the street. Our buses need to get through. The Shelby Township Police can give you a ticket.
4) Handicap Parking Spots- Our handicap parking spots are reserved for anyone with a Valid Handicap Parking Permit. Please do not use these spots to drop-off/pick-up your child(ren).
Thank you so much for your patience and support!
As always, if you arrive past 9:20 am, please accompany your child to the office and sign them in.
UCS Family Literacy Connection
CRISSMAN PTA INFORMATION
Volunteer and get involved with your children's experience at Crissman! If you would like to receive email updates from the PTA please fill out a PTA Contact Form.
Mark your Calendars for Crissman PTA fun!
March 4 - BINGO sheet deadline
March 4 - Spirit Wear deadline
March 15 - Family Skate Night 6-8pm
March 30 - Virtual PTA Meeting 8pm
May 2 - 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 13 - Chuck E. Cheese Night
May 19 - Family Skate Night THE BIG ONE!!
June 3 - Spring Fair