WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
information about Barbara's Buttons
- The name of the plant called Marshallia grandiflora
- One of the biggest complaints about using native plants in the land scape is that they get too tall and are showy enough.
- And it certainly does not pertain to this species, the species will form a 10'' clump with them leaves that protrude 6'' or so from the ground and when the flowers in may it start blooming, they had send up flowering stalks that are usually no longer than 18
- The member of daisy or aster family is globally rare plants that occurs from pennsylvania down to Tennessee but also it is endanger in Kentucky.
- And also it have all kinds of the Barbara's Buttons plants and sort of color one
How is it important to throw balance of the ecosystem of the mobile tensaw delta of Barbara's bottoms
- The wildlife of this plant is that Alabama field office is responsible for more than 133 candidate, that threatened and endangered species.
Describe unique characteristics and where a bounty hunter might find your organism. Why is this organism important to throw balance of the ecosystem of the Mobile Tensaw Delta?
- They would find it in a garden, also they will also find it any the were back in the woods or some were like that but sometime on the streets by were the farms at.
- Even though the plant almost dead from the top roots but its steal standing on the ground and hopefully growing
How is your organism labeled? Rare, threatened/vulnerable, endangered. Why is it labeled in this category?
- The member of daisy or aster family is globally rare plants that occurs from pennsylvania down to but also it have the plant in georgia, Tennessee but also it is endanger in Kentucky. the reason why they label that because they want people to know what it meant for the ones who don't know about it.
What can be done to help increase the odds of seeing your organism again? (What are they doing to save the population of this organism?)
- By making sure they get enough of food and water to make the official plants grow and not just pull them out of the ground. But also they have to sunlight to make them grow.
- They also called it marshallia but its common name applied to most species in the genus of barbara's buttons
Marshallia caespitose of barbara's buttons
more information of general plant of barbara's buttons / marshallia
life cycle: perennial
sun requirements: full sun, full sun to partial shade
plant height: 6 to 18 inches
plant spread: 12 inches
Flower color: white
flower time: spring , Late spring or early summer
suitable locations: xeriscapic
uses : will naturalize
wildlife attrachant: bees, butterflies
they also have all types of plants of the marshallia , also they have all type of kindgoms