Clifford's Coaching Corner
Steiner Ranch Elementary
THINGS TO KNOW:
- 3-5 PLCs this week
- 1st PACE math screening
- K- TPRI-ERI scores due MONDAY
- K-5 DRA's due FRIDAY
COOL AROUND THE SCHOOL
LEADER IN ME
TLIM Resource: The Leader in Me Online
Newsletter Blurb from Ms. Wyman
Leader in Me
We are continuing to practice Habit 2 – Begin with the End in Mind. It is the habit of vision, or the habit of having a plan.
There are several fun things you can do to encourage goal setting at home. For example, you may want to emphasize why writing down your goals is so important. As the saying goes, “A goal not written in only a wish.” Or you can discuss how planning ahead – whether it be with money, in school, or in life – always leads to good things, including being better positioned to help others.
I encourage you to partner with us in teaching your student to practice Habit 2 at home. To learn more about The Seven Habits and how they can be used at home, visit "Parent's Place" at http://www.theleaderinme.org/parents/
Week 9: (10/17-10/21)- Review of Habits 1 & 2
Learning Target: I know what's in my circle of control.
Learning Target: I can recite our class mission statement.
Week 10: (10/24-10/28)- Habit 3- Put First Things First
Learning Target K-1: We can list our BIG rocks and little rocks.
Learning Target 2-5: I can list my BIG rocks and little rocks.
DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR
Oct 17- Kinder TPRI scores due in AWARE
Oct 17-21 First grade PACE Math screening window
Oct 18- Fourth PLC
Oct 19- Fifth PLC
Oct 20- Third PLC
Oct 20- Fall Pictures
Oct 21- First PACE screeners DUE
Oct 21- PreK RSKI DUE
Oct 21- K-5 DRA DUE
Oct 21- End of 1st Nine Weeks
Oct 21- SRE State Fair and Silent Auction 4:30-7:30
Oct 24- REBECCA RETURNS :)
Oct 24- K-1 Math checkup window opens
Oct 24- Faculty meeting
Oct 25- Kinder PLC/RTI Tier 2
Oct 26- Early Release
Oct 26- Report Cards go home
Oct 27- First PLC/RTI Tier 2
Oct 27- RTI Tier 3 (3-5)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Writing in Science Cohort meeting, Tech A & B from 3:30-4:45 on October 18
- Fifth Grade Mixing It Up (Revised): 7:15-11:15 on October 20th at Grandview Hills' Science Lab.
- Fifth Grade Energy and Engineering: 7:15-11:15 on October 24 at Whitestone's Science Lab
- Third Grade Our Place in Space: 12:00-4:00 on October 24 at Whitestone's Science Lab
- First Grade Our Community: From Here to There: 7:15-11:15 on October 27 at Whitestone's Science lab
- Writing Power Hours for 4th Grade Teachers: Oct 27, Nov 10, Jan 26 at the ERC (more information coming soon!)