MVVS News and Notes
It takes a village...
We will Engage, Challenge, and Support All Learners
Enjoy the long weekend!
MVVS Falcon Mascot Name
Mont Vernon Fire Station Visits K-3
- Kindergarten, 10/15, 8:30-9:30a
- Grades 1-3, 10/20, 8:15-9:15a
Thank you to our Mont Vernon Fire Department for hosting us!
- No School on Monday and Late Arrival on Tuesday (2-hour late start and no breakfast): If you are having issues with child care on Tuesday, please reach out to me at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Operation Pumpkin: It has been a tradition for many year for Souhegan students (ethics forum) to visit MVVS in October to give each of our students pumpkins to decorate. Also, they perform a creative themed skit for our whole school. The day culminates with a costume parade with our K-3 students. More information will be coming. The date of the festivities is Friday, October 29th.
- Social Media Reminders - Recently there have been some concerning trends in social media that students might be aware of. These "challenges" have been well publicized in the news. If your child is on social media, this is a great opportunity to have a conversation about digital citizenship and making responsible choices. Thank you for your help with this...it takes a village!
- Attendance: ALL changes to daily attendance (absence, tardy, dismissal) should be entered into PUP instead of emailed to teachers.
- Parent Drop Off: Begins at 7:35a. We are trying to be more efficient in how we manage drop off so that groups of cars will all let students out at the same time as they pull all the way up the line. We have staff on duty to help, if need be, with the car doors :)
- Parent Conference: We are looking forward to our parents conferences during the week of October 31st.
- Holiday Needs: If your family has needs for the holiday season, please reach out to Anna Girard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kim Deppen (email@example.com).
In-Person Club Announcement! We are excited to offer a couple of after-school clubs this year; ROBOTICS CLUB (grades 4-6) and CHESS CLUB (grades 3-6). We are still in the planning stages, and need to assess interest and volunteer availabiltiy. Please fill out the one or both surveys from the links below if your child has interest in participating. Signups close on Sat, 10/16/21!
Chess Club Survey https://forms.gle/QQ7tU3iwybY9gTQT7
Robotics Club Survey: https://forms.gle/g5qCzWdkKVdgkRNP6
- Save the Date: Movie Night - Friday, October 15th
COVID Guidelines Update
- Masks are required indoors for students and staff.
- Designated volunteers will be allowed to access the building.
- Parent meetings can be done remotely or in-person with masks.
- Students are permitted to remove masks to have a snack each morning.
- Lunches are in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) and outside if possible.
- We are integrating mask breaks into our day.
- Masks are not be required in playground and outdoor areas.
10/11 - Columbus Day (No School)
10/12 - Late Start (2-Hour Late Start)
10/15 - PTA Sponsored Movie Night
10/29 - Operation Pumpkin