Carver Middle School Newsletter
April 7, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Hopefully everyone had a safe and relaxing Spring Break! Tomorrow begins the start of the fourth nine weeks grading period. We plan to work together to have a strong finish to the school year. Thank you to everyone who came out before the Spring Break to support our Cops v. Kids and Student v. Faculty basketball games. Your support is necessary to make these events possible for our students.
If you have not done so already please remember to complete your student's course request form and return it to school as soon as possible. Students are scheduled to take the Maps Math Assessment Wednesday, April 10. Please ensure that your student has a fully charged chromebook and is well rested in order to perform well on the exam. Carver mornings will return tomorrow, 4/8/2019 to provide additional instructional support for our students.
Thank you very much Carver Community and let's have a great week!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
Girls Soccer in Action
Hoops for Heart participants!
Thanks to everyone who donated to Hoops for Heart!
Carver Faculty members prepare for Community tours!
April 9- Girls Soccer @ Robious Middle. Game starts at 3 pm.
April 10- Spring Math Maps Testing
April 10- Boys and Girls track/field vs. Falling Creek MS. The meet begins at 2:30 pm at Meadowbrook High School.
April 11- CCPS Kindergarten Registration
April 11- Girls Soccer @ Tomahawk Middle. Game starts at 3 pm.
April 13 & 14- CCPS Fine Arts Festival. Midlothian High School.
April 16-Core Values Awards Assembly, 8 am
April 17 & 18- School Play. The Drama Club presents: "Stepsisters"! Shows begin at 7 pm.
April 19- No school Student/Staff Holiday
April 22- 3rd Nine Weeks Report Card distribution
Virginia State Level Reflections Competition
Congratulations to the following students for placing at the Virginia State Level Reflections Competition!
Scott Langston-1st place for Film Production. His film will now compete at the National level representing the state of Virginia!
Carli Gregory-3rd place for Visual Arts Special Artist!
Tim Ellis-Honorable Mention for Music Composition!
- Carver Mornings will return after Spring Break.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.