Miner Bee Messenger
TES Family Updates
TES is celebrating El Día de los Muertos. Our kindergarten students have talked about this celebration and created an Alter. This year our Altar will be on exhibition in the preschool foyer. Staff and students have contributed paper flowers and pictures of loved ones that have passed away.
Here is more information about the butterfly migration and Day of the Dead. This occurs in a the southern region of Mexico, Michoacan.
Enjoy your weekend!
Important Dates: Mark You Calendars
Monday, November 14th:
- Vision Screening for 1st and 2nd
- Reading Rockets 3:15-4:15 p.m.
Tuesday, November 15th:
- Early release at 1:50 p.m.
- Telluride Board of Education Meeting @5:15 p.m.
Wednesday, November 16th:
Thursday, November 17th:
- Reading Rockets begins 3:15-4:15 p.m.
Friday, November 18th
- PreK-K-1-2 will attending Nature’s Educators at the Palm from 9:00-9:50 a.m. The students will see owls, raptors and other beautiful birds on stage
Monday, November 21st-25th Thanksgiving Holiday Break
Thursday, December 1st:
- Winter concert at the Palm @ 9:30 a.m.
ART TO REMEMBER Fundraiser
- LAST CHANCE TO ORDER: ART PRODUCT ORDERS DUE BY MONDAY NOVEMBER 14th
Are you interested in buying a product with your child’s custom art on it? All TES PreK-2nd grade students brought “ART TO REMEMBER” forms. You can order products such as magnets, mugs, ornaments, and more and have them shipped directly to you or a loved one’s home before the winter holidays. The profits earned are used to purchase art supplies for your student during art class. Please consider supporting us with this important annual fund raiser that helps us purchase more than 50% of our art supplies. We only have 13% parent participation so far; let’s increase that number before it is too late. Online orders are due by Monday 11.14.22. No late orders are accepted. If you cannot find the form that was sent home, go to https://arttoremember.com/ > art gallery > No order code?/search > Telluride School K-3 Telluride CO > your info to find your child’s creation (made in art class) already loaded on the site. If you still have questions, contact the customer service at 800-895-8777 or email email@example.com.
Mrs. Lapp – Art Teacher
- SAVE THE DATE: There will be a Community Forum on Monday, November 14th at 5:30 pm in The Palm Theatre during which the 2021 Colorado Healthy Kids Survey results for grades 6-12th will be presented. We have invited a panel of representatives from partnering agencies within our community (Tri County Health, Telluride Marshal’s Office, Telluride Medical Center, San Miguel Resource Center and more) to help answer questions and engage in an open community discussion about how we can best support our kids in our schools and within the greater Telluride Community.
- November School Board meetings and gatherings can be found here.
- There will be a Community Forum on Monday, November 14th at 5:30 pm in The Palm Theatre during which the 2021 Colorado Healthy Kids Survey results for grades 6-12th will be presented. We have invited a panel of representatives from partnering agencies within our community (Tri County Health, TMO, TMC, SMRC, etc... ) to help answer questions and engage in an open community discussion about how we can best support our kids in our schools and within the greater Telluride Community. doors will open at 5:00 p.m. and Telluride Education Foundation (TEF) will be selling Pizza and concessions in the Palm Lobby Community Forum
- Please see below information from our school nurse on How sick is too sick? Que enferma está demasiado enferma octubre de 2022 and Symptoms and Care for RSV Síntomas y cuidados del RSV
- KOTO would like to invite any student in the R-1 School District to come for the first hour of the After the Swap Swap and get what they need for free. That's from Noon to 1 p.m. on Monday, November 14th. Just tell the cashier you're a student in the R-1 School District at checkout.
- KOTO quiere invitar a cualquier estudiante del Distrito Escolar R-1 a que venga a la primera hora del Intercambio Después del Intercambio y obtenga lo que necesita de forma gratuita. Eso es desde el mediodía hasta la 1 p.m. el lunes 14 de noviembre. Solo digan al cajero que son estudiantes del Distrito Escolar R-1 al momento de pagar.
- Bike Rodeo & Education (Telluride Elks, Marshal's Office, Town of Telluride and other community partners will be hosting a bike rodeo and education event on at the Telluride Intermediate/Middle/High School parking lot from 10 am - 12 pm)
- Tri County Health can help with open enrollment when individuals and families can sign up for a health insurance plan through the Colorado Marketplace, Connect for Health Colorado. Individuals can apply between November 1 through December 15 for a January 1 effective date of coverage or til January 15 for coverage to start in February. Remember this is the only time of the year folks can sign up if they want commercial coverage for 2023, unless they have a life-changing event.
New this year is the OmniSalud option. This is a new program that provides the opportunity for Colorado's immigrant community to purchase affordable health insurance, regardless of their immigration status through Colorado Connect. Eligible individuals may even be able to access a $0/month premium plan with financial help. To qualify, an individual must earn no more than $1,699/month or a family of 4 must earn no more than $3,469/month. To apply copies of IDs and proof of income are not required. It is important to note that information collected during the enrollment process remains private and cannot be shared with any federal agency nor can it be used for immigration enforcement. This type of health insurance coverage and financial assistance are not considered when making public charge determinations.
Sign up to Volunteer with the Telluride Education Foundation
Symptoms and Care for RSV
Síntomas y cuidados del virus respiratorio sincitial (VRS)
Links for TES Families
Background Check for Field Trip chaperones and classroom volunteers
Please use TESAttendance@telluride.k12.co.us for any attendance notifications
2022-23 District Calendar
TSD School Bus Schedule