News From the Nest
April 24 - April 28
Dear Falcon Families,
Please help us congratulate Audubon Park School's Volunteer and Partner in Education of the Year!
Erin Provenzale is our Volunteer of the Year! She is often seen around campus helping students, teachers, and serving on various committees. We appreciate all that you do, Mrs. Provenzale!
Gatorland Bret is our Partner in Education of the Year! Gatorland Bret allows us to house our very own baby alligators and visits our students each week to provide education and excitement. Thank you Gatorland Bret!
Trevor Honohan, Principal
The Audubon Park School K8
- 4/24 - 4/28: Spring Book Fair
- 4/25: SAC Meeting, 3:15pm
- 4/26: Cookies and Lemonade for Sale After School
- 4/27: Progress Reports Go Home/Elementary Music Concert, 6:30pm
- 4/28: Parents' Night Out, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- 5/1: FAST ELA 3rd - 5th Grade
- 5/2: FAST ELA 6th - 8th Grade
- 5/3: FAST Math 3rd - 5th Grade/LONG Wednesday (Dismissal at 3pm)/Yum Yum Pops for Sale After School
- 5/4: FAST Math 6th - 8th Grade/Bike & Roll to School Day - May the 4th B(ike) with You Ride from Leu Gardens
- 5/5: BEST Algebra and Geometry
- 5/8: NGSSS Civics and 5th/8th Science
- 5/9: NGSSS 5th/8th Science
- 5/10: LONG Wednesday (Dismissal at 3pm)/Cookies and Lemonade for Sale After School/Middle School Sports Banquet
- 5/19: 8th Grade Gradventure
- 5/26: Last Day of School
CONGRATULATIONS BATTLE OF THE BOOKS TEAMS!
Our Elementary and Middle School Battle of the Books teams both placed in the top ten in the entire county and were invited to compete in the final in-person battles. Way to go!
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
The Book Fair will be back at APS from April 24 - April 28!
If you can help make our Book Fair a success, please sign up to volunteer here.
Scholastic eWallet is cashless and our prefered form of payment. Please set up your child's eWallet here. Remember to share your child's eWallet link with family and friends to build up their book fund!
END OF YEAR TESTING
8TH GRADE INFORMATION
MIDDLE SCHOOL TRIP TO COSTA RICA
APS is rerouting their 2024 tour to Costa Rica and Panama in July 2024.
The itinerary will visit places like Guanacaste, Arenal region, San José, Panama City, Panama Canal among other regions.
To receive information please email Sra. Goode
At Falcon Fling we unveiled our largest capital improvement project to date, Audubon Recreation Complex (ARC).
Audubon Recreation Complex (ARC) will transform the schools ONLY play space into a state of the art recreational complex. The new space will include:
Outdoor Learning Space
Mature shade trees around the complex
Purposed play areas to include favorite games like Four Square, Gaga Ball, Hopscotch and more
Paver space with seating
Newly mulched playground
Many of you might not understand the state of what this space currently looks like. Please take a few minutes to watch this video. APS students explain how it feels to play in the area.
As we mark our 5th year, my hope is to make Audubon Recreation Complex a reality. This capital project will benefit ALL of our students and staff for years to come. Please consider leaving your family’s legacy at APS and become a founding donor.
Thank you for your continued support.