Volume 1 Issue 16
Points to Ponder
Thought of the Week: Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming. -Goethe
Friday Funday: The Super Bowl is Sunday! Wear your Panthers gear and show your Panther Pride.
- It's Teacher Appreciation Week! I would like to thank you all for everything that you do for your students. I appreciate you all and hope that you enjoy the week ahead. The PTO is providing you breakfast beginning 7am Wednesday morning. The Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is Friday. This is scheduled to be a duty free lunch, so be sure to review the appropriate lunch procedures with your volunteer prior to the lunch period Friday.
- There will be several junior level Winthrop students in our building beginning tomorrow. These students are assigned to certain classes and will be with us for a total of 10 days throughout the next 3 months. Be sure to welcome our new family members if you see them. They are enthusiastic, excited to be in the building and ready to learn!
- We will host a "Mix It Up" day on Friday, February 12th during lunch time. The format will be similar to last year. Please look for further information from Mrs. Hart within the next few days. We are excited about this opportunity and how it allows us to honor our goal of being a "No Place for Hate" school.
- We will shower Daniel and Sara Wednesday in the Media Center at 2:50!
- Mid Year SLO conferences will be held between February 17-24th. At that time, you should be prepared to discuss your classes' progress toward the goal, the results of your progress monitoring, and any concerns you may have.
- The Foundation for Fort Mill Schools is hosting a Chilli Cook-off on February 27th at FMHS from 11-2pm. Mr. Finch and Mr. Griffin will represent FMES in the cook-off and I know they would LOVE to see some of you as they showcase their cooking skills! Tickets to be a "chili taste tester" are $5 and are available at http://fortmillcookin4thekids.org/. As a reminder, the Foundation sponsors grants for teachers and administrators and scholarships for students within the FMSD. Your participation in the event is supporting those endeavors. Thank you in advance and we can't wait to see you there!
- Dancing with the Stars (fundraiser for Middle School Sports) will be held Saturday, February 13th. Michelle Branning from the Fort Mill School Board is participating in the event and would love your support. Mrs. Branning is hosting a raffle in which the winner will receive 2 VIP tickets to the event. If you are interested in purchasing a ticket for $10, please see Mr. Finch.
Most Valuable Person
I’d like to nominate Mike Lucas as MVP of the week. When our grade level has Sting Club Duty, Mike gets to school (extra) early and sets up the lab for each of us, so that it’s ready to go when the children come in. At other times, he never fails to help us when we have technology questions or problems. Thank you Mike!
Way to Go Mike!!! Thank you for all you do!