Adventures in Technology
News, Tips, and Tricks From Instructional Technology
Su's Schedule for Weeks of December 14th and January 4th
Tuesday, December 15th-Flex
Wednesday, December 16th-Flex
Thursday, December 17th-Flex
Friday, December 18th-Office
Monday, January 4th-District Professional Learning
Tuesday, January 5th-Office
Wednesday, January 6th-Wellington
Thursday, January 7th-Timber Creek
Friday, January 8th-Flower Mound
What is Flex Time??? Flex time allows me to meet your unique needs-I go where the request is. If you'd like to take advantage of some of my Flex Time please email me!
Click here to see the whole schedule for the second nine weeks.
Technology Integration Lesson Ideas
- Have your students draw Rudolph or choose one of these other "How to Draw" resources to write about winter rather than Christmas.
- Have them create poetry or a short piece of narrative.
- Use the iPad to take a picture of their artwork.
- Insert their image into ChatterKid. Then have them read their poem or story or even have them read a holiday or winter poem for fluency and let ChatterKid record their sweet little voice.
- Technology TEKS K-2 and 3-5: 1B, 2D
Practice Inferring Using Pictures!
- Find a picture your students could use to infer.
- Create a Padlet and upload the picture. Check out this example or this one for science.
- Share the Padlet with your class. Students will double click on the Padlet to add their thinking.
- Padlet has a good knowledgebase of help.
- Technology TEKS K-2: 2A, 5A/B, 6B, 6E/F
- Technology TEKS 3-5: 2C, 5A/E-G, 6E
Nonfiction Text Feature Scavenger Hunt
ELA TEKS: 2.10A, 2.14D, 2.15D Technology TEKS K-2: 1B, 4C/D
Want to try one of these or something else out but unsure how to do it or want an extra set of hands? I'll help!
Just For Fun!!
Create a Message From Santa
Do you have a special little someone in your life who would enjoy a personalized video message from Santa? Visit the Portable North Pole to create a FREE personalized video message from Santa! This website helps you to create a video that includes Santa saying your little one's name, showing photos of them in his magical book, and mentions their good deeds. Just for fun, visit this site and create a special video. Feel free to share this information with parents.
Ways I Can Serve You
Need ideas for integrating technology? Have a lesson idea and need a thinking partner? Want to ramp up the engagement on a lesson that just isn't quite right? Let me help you integrate technology and find the right tool for the learning you want your students to accomplish!
Have some technology tools but can't picture how you could use them? Can't envision exactly how that technology embedded lesson would go? Ready to try some technology on your own but would like an extra set of hands and some support? Let me model teach or co-teach a lesson! Think of it as job-embedded professional development. See how the technology tool can enhance the learning process and then meet with me to explore other ways you could use this tool.
Tool Nuts and Bolts
Heard of a new instructional technology tool but don't have the time to figure it out? Thought you knew how to use a tool but now you're stuck? Contact me, I can help! I can demo and teach the ins and outs of a tool. I can provide tutorials and support videos and documents so you can be successful.