Social Studies CRW Pre-work
2. I can determine the non-negotiable skills that students will need to be successful in my grade level's course.
3. I can determine what the Social Studies Baseline Assessments should look like.
4. I can create helpful documents for the Curriculum Guide for teachers to understand the Social Studies standards and literacy anchor standards and attain more consistency across the district.
5. I can improve the learning targets, criteria for success, and sequencing on the Curriculum Guide based on feedback from teachers.
6. I can improve the district Benchmark Assessments based on feedback from teachers.
7. I can give feedback on the work that needs to be completed during 2013 CRW.
What are the non-negotiable Social Studies skills that students need when they enter your grade level so that they are successful in your grade level Social Studies course?
Work with your team on...
-Curriculum Guide: learning targets, criteria for success, sequencing, other supporting documents (use the feedback from teachers)
-Assessments: Baseline, Benchmark Assessments (use the feedback from teachers)
**What work needs to be done or what documents need to be created for teachers to understand the standards?
NOTE: MS needs to be consistent among the grade span (6-8) and HS needs to be consistent among the grade span (9-12)
At the end of today's session...
· Complete the "Work to be done during 2013 CRW" handout and email to Allison Kiser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Leave documents in your CRW folder and leave your folder on your table
· Save everything onto your flashdrive and give Allison or Kim your flashdrive