Bertram Family Connection
March 8th, 2021
- March 8th-12th: Texas Public Schools Week
- March 15th-19th: Spring Break
- Monday, March 22nd: Group Picture Day!
- March 29th-31st: Play It Safe Presentations During Library Rotation - Information will be sent home on Friday, 3/12 and Opt-Out Forms will be due by Thursday 3/25
- April 2nd: Staff & Student Holiday
- April 6th: 4th Grade STAAR Writing Test
- April 9th: End of the 5th 6 Weeks Grading Period
- April 12th: Student Holiday/Staff Development
Texas Public Schools Week!
Call for Art!
Group Picture Day
We will be following our social distancing measures including wearing masks during the set up for the picture. Once all students are in place on the risers and the photographer is ready, students will be allowed to remove their mask for the picture if they are comfortable doing so. As soon as the picture is taken, face coverings will be put back on. Students should only be without face coverings for about 30 seconds or less. These pictures are included in the yearbook.
For remote learners, Ms. Aline will give you a call to see if you are interested in bringing your child for the picture and to coordinate the time.
If you do NOT wish for your child to be in the picture, please email their teacher and Ms. Aline (email@example.com) by Friday, March 12th, 2021.
Change of Transportation Reminder
firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30pm the day of the change. This will ensure that your child receives a transportation change note in their classroom from the office. For student safety, dismissal is coordinated by the office.
Unfortunately, voicemails with the office or the teacher may not be received in time to ensure that your child is dismissed correctly. We appreciate your help!
Moving Between Remote and In-Person Learning
If you are learning remotely and would like your child to move back to in-person learning, please call the office one week before you would like your child to return to school. This allows teachers time to adjust furniture and set up dividers if needed.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: email@example.com . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes
Call for Art for Burnet County Courthouse!
Burnet County Courthouse is asking for student art that will be displayed at the courthouse, and depending on the number of entries, will exhibit at the Herman Brown Free Library, the Burnet Post Office, and additionally at Happy Scoops Ice Cream Parlor towards the end of March, or if necessary early April.
This special call for art is themed, Postcards from Burnet County, and as you see on the guidelines, they are no larger than 4” x 6” or 5” x 7” postcards! Pieces celebrating the history, land, people, nature, the architecture of Burnet County are encouraged. Please send colorful works utilizing drawing, painting, or collage, 2D only. Students will be recognized virtually and given certificates.
Ms. O'Brien is asking that postcards should be submitted by Wednesday, March 10th. Ms. O'Brien will start the postcards in class with students who sign up and then they may complete their work at home. A few postcards will be chosen from each class to be taken to the courthouse for the exhibit. While not everyone's art will be in the exhibit, it is still a great opportunity to be creative and be involved in a community event. Students must bring back their postcards to Ms. O'Brien by Wednesday, March 10th at the latest. Please talk with your students about this opportunity!