Albany High Library
Newsletter, Fall 2015
Young-adult author Jason Reynolds will be visiting AHS on November 17th. Jason won the Coretta Scott King award for new talent last year for his debut as an African-American author. He published his third and latest book, 'All American Boys' over the summer. It is a powerful novel about race involving an incident of police brutality that galvanizes the school and local community to act. There will be a lunch discussion book club group and a general admission event. AHS Students can sign up in the Library in advance. Multiple copies of his books are available for sign-out in the library.
Tuesdays from 3-4 pm
Join Book Lover's Club to share titles, authors and plan library events with Mrs. Majkut. We also use the social media tool GoodReads online at bit.ly/ahsbookclub for all our book events and discussions. Stop by a meeting or Join us online!
T-Reads Book Group
In partnership with SAGA and the Albany Public Library, and with the support of the Albany Fund for Education, AHS School Psychologist Dr. Liz Gialanella is heading up a book discussion group with Albany Public Librarian, Mr. Tor Loney. Students will participate in activities associated with a variety of books related to GLBTQ issues. For more information, check out their book discussion group online @ http://is.gd/tread
AHS Library Procedures - did you know?
- The library is open every day from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, students need their ID.
- Library Lunch Passes are available at the start of each lunch.
- Students need an agenda pass from their teacher to come to the library during class.
- Students need a yellow library pass from their teacher to come during study hall.
- Students can borrow calculators, textbooks, supplies and games in the library.
- Teachers: feel free to call the library @ ext. 16620 to book library reservations