Week of May 8, 2016
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
May 8, 2016
Thank you to the best PTO for making staff appreciation week and 'Muffins with Mom' so special! Thanks to Kelly Redlich who helped pick up food, decorations, and served at 'Muffins with Mom'. Thanks to Nicole Hartley who helped with set up and serving at "Muffins with Mom'. Thanks to Wendy McBride who covered the cross walk for Tasha during 'Muffins with Mom'. Thanks to Stefanie Crambell who helped with ordering food and serving at 'Muffins with Mom'. Thanks to Grandma Barb and Nikki Frye who helped clean up. And special thanks to Tasha Strauss who organized the entire week, set up tables, served, cleaned up and more with two very sick children at home. We appreciate the kindness shown by all!
Staff Meeting Update
Our next staff meeting was scheduled for Wednesday morning. It is CANCELED. Instead, I would like grade level teams to use this time for whatever end of the year tasks need to be completed. Your team can meet any time this week and use the 45 minutes that would have been set aside for our staff meeting.
Staff vs. 5th Grade Basketball Game CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Our Blueberry Ambassador/Leadership Team is organizing a fundraiser for the Genesee County Food Bank. It will take place on May 19th from 6:00-8:00 at The Cage Fieldhouse. We will set up at 5:00 and doors will open at 5:30. Please sign up HERE if you are able to help in any way. We need players, concessions, ticket counter, & cheerleaders. Rod and Clay Church have agreed to be the announcers for the game. PLEASE SHARE THE SMORE LINK- ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!
The week ahead...
Monday, May 9
- Join #COLchat at 9PM. Our topic is "Leadership & Relationships"
Tuesday, May 10
- 4:15 PTO Meeting
- 5:00-8:00 PM "Morrish Night" at Feather N' Fin
Wednesday, May 11
- NO STAFF MEETING
Friday, May 13
- I will be out Friday morning to attend a leadership meeting and a meeting at UM-Flint.
Have a great week!
Swartz Creek Community Schools
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.