Huffman News 12/18
December 18, 2020
The Huffman Commitment
We will work with every student, staff member, and family to develop and maintain a safe, welcoming, and inclusive learning community. We are committed to continuously improving our professional practices and take responsibility for the academic, social, and emotional growth of every student. We believe all people can grow in a positive direction.
It's been quite a semester. A roller coaster for sure. Please review the news items below.
As you have learned, we will be bringing back our K-2 and Extended Resource students on January 19. That's the plan. We are excited to welcome our youngest students back into the building. We are prepared and ready to go. Please find a number of important details on this front below. If you will be making any program changes, please give the office a call after break.
There will also be some minor changes to our 3rd-6th grade online schedule as well. Details are below.
Wishing you happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a joyous winter solstice. It is always exciting when the light begins to return and the days start getting longer. I hope you are able to spend some time doing the things you enjoy with the people you love. If you get a chance, take a ski at Kincaid on the Mize Loop and checkout Huffman's tree.
Stay safe and healthy. As always, please share celebrations, questions and concerns.
All the best, Chris
3rd Quarter Schedule Update
- Regular schedule first week back - teachers will communicate updates as necessary
- January 19, 9:30 - 3:00 in person
- Thursday, January 14 - Family Tours
3rd -6th Grade:
- 9am - Language Arts Zoom - 5 days per week including Wednesday*
- 11am - Math Zoom - 5 days per week including Wednesday*
- Tues - Thurs, 1:15 - 3:00 pm - Various Small Group Support and Interventions - Teachers will communicate and schedule with individual families
- Tues - Thurs, 3:00 - 3:30 - Office Hours - Students who are missing work, have failing grades, or are not meeting iReady usage minutes will be REQUIRED to join to make up work. Of course students may join to ask questions. Teachers will communicate expectations.
Back to School Safety Plan
Huffman plan. Feel free to call or email with any questions.