November 29, 2019
“May the light of His spirit surround your family
May His strength abide with all of you
May His love illuminate all of your hearts
Now and forever more.”
We hope you had a wonderful and meaning-filled Thanksgiving Holiday!
For more photos from our Thanksgiving blessing, click here.
Dates to Remember
December 7 - Reindeer Run at the Anderson Area YMCA
December 17 - Half day, early dismissal at 11:30, extended care available
December 17 - Holiday Program -- December Nights, December Lights, 6 p.m.
December 19 - MSA Family Night at Carolina Wren Park
December 20 - Early dismissal (IT/PR: 11:00, LE/UE 11:30, MS/HS 12:00), extended care available
December 23-January 1 - All programs closed
Holiday Program - December Nights, December Lights
Upper School Thanksgiving Lunch
Share the Warmth Tree
Clean Start and Emergency Kitchen Trip
Upper School Breadmaking
Before Break Games
Additional Denver Downs Photos
Meet the Teacher - Melonie Martin, Music and Drama
I grew up in Arkansas. Moved to Tennessee for college, where after graduation, I met and married my husband. We lived in Memphis, TN for 33 years. We had 4 children who are all grown and on their own.
My husband and I moved to Easley last year for a position for my husband. Currently we only have one pound-puppy, Misha, but for 30 years we kept all kinds of critters - donkeys, chickens, and milk goats. I’m a farm gal at heart!
- I earned my BFA from the University of Memphis.
- I earned Suzuki training from a private music school that I helped manage and teach.
- This past summer I received level 1 Kodaly training. I’m looking forward to finishing all 3 levels.
- I have 20+ years teaching music, violin, and guitar in two music academies that produced special concerts and musicals.
- Just prior to coming to South Carolina I spent a year teaching music at a private school while teaching private lessons from home.
- This is my first year at MSA. I’m looking forward to many more.
My favorite things:
- Book/Movie - Les Misérables
- Color - Coral
- Food/Snack - Dark chocolate
- Activity/Hobby - Gardening
- Vacation spot - Arkansas with family
- Your favorite thing about teaching at MSA - the family spirit and wonderful children