Ms. Stamson's Class Newsletter
Book Fair at FH! Feel free to stop in the library and shop during conferences. Open Wednesday, October 7th through Tuesday, October 13th. The funds made from the sale go toward purchasing new books for the FH library.
Conferences are fast approaching! These goal setting conferences will be on Thursday, October 8 from 4-8 o'clock, Friday, October 9 from 8-4 o'clock, and Tuesday, October 13 from 4-8 o'clock. I look forward to learning your insights on your child and sharing ideas for goals your child can work toward this year!
Field Trip--Our first trip to Baker Near Wilderness Settlement is this month! The overall permission slip is due Tuesday, October 19th. We collect the fee for the three trips separately. This is $15 per trip. You may choose to pay trip by trip or you may pay for all three at once. Pleas remember to write a check and refrain from sending cash.
Band and Orchestra lessons happen throughout the day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and part of Thursday. Lessons are rotated from week to week so the students do not miss the same academic time out of the classroom from week to week. However, they will miss about 30 minutes of class time weekly. They do not make up what they miss. When they return from the their lesson, they join in wherever we are in a lesson or activity.
Specials Rotation--please click on link to my school website at bottom of page. Once on the website, click the Specials Schedule tab and then the link to the pdf at the bottom of this page. Please use this document to know which special we have on what day. Thanks!
One-on-One testing with an adult.
Literacy Choice Time
Discussion in a self-selected, self-run book club.
Literacy Choice Time
Reading, recording in a science notebook, geography work on an iPad, and creating a page in a smashbook.
- Tuesday, October 6th--Orchestra Instrument Distribution
- Tuesday, October 6th--PTO Meeting/Ice Cream Social @5:30 p.m. at FH
- Thursday, October 8th--Conferences from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 9th--Conferences from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.--No School
- Tuesday, October 13th--Conferences from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th--No School
- Monday, October 19th--Field Trip permission slip and money for trip #1 due
- Thursday, October 29th--All-Day Field Trip to Baker Near Wilderness Settlement
- Friday, October 30--Fall Harvest Celebration