East Elementary: Excellence at Work
Staff Newsletter for 2015-2016, Episode 12
Congratulations to our East Elementary Teacher of the Year - Freida Welch!
Congratulations to our UIL Team and Coaches!
T-TESS: Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System
Next year Texas will implement a new teacher evaluation system. It is a coaching model that includes teacher self reflection, pre-conferencing with your administrator, two evaluations per year, post conferencing, and goal setting.
Ashley and I are actually very pleased with the new system. It aligns closely with our campus beliefs. You will be receiving more information on March 4th and there will be formal training opportunities this summer. If you would like to know more, click HERE.
District Calendar and Summer Dates
Here are some additional dates to keep in mind for summer planning:
- June 6th - 9th: Curriculum and Assessment Writing
- Week of August 1st: Registration will most likely be this week
- August 11th&12th; August 15th - 19th: Professional Development Days
- August 18th: Meet the Teacher
Careers on Wheels
Looking Ahead: March Blueprint
- March 1st: Open House and Literacy Luau
- March 3rd: End of 9 Weeks, Grades Due
- March 4th: Professional Development Day and Campus Potluck (Click HERE for March 4th Schedule)
- March 7th - 11th: Spring Break
- March 17th: Spring Pictures
- March 18th: CHAMPS Reward - Sock Hop
- March 21st and 22nd: Mock STAAR for 3rd Grade
- March 22nd: Design Team Meeting (3:00 - 4:30)
- March 24th: Easter Parties - Ashley will send schedule soon
- March 25th: Good Friday Holiday
- March 28th and 29th: RtI Meetings
- March 30th: Faculty Meeting (4:00 - 5:30)
- April 1st: Twisted Teacher and Careers on Wheels
***Please see campus calendar for additional information and details.