Let's get ready for a great school year!
- Tuesday, September 8: Links to resources emailed to all families (You will be able to look at these on your own time)
- Wednesday, September 9: Q & A Sessions with Principal Ottum and some of the FOS Staff
- Thursday, September 10: Q & A Sessions with Principal Ottum and some of the FOS Staff
What resources can you expect?
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
Canvas will be how your student will see what needs to be done, when it is due, and communicate with teachers about learning.
- Elementary curriculum (FLVS) Introduction
FLVS (Florida Virtual School) is our elementary curriculum. K-5 students will have Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, and PE this year.
- Secondary (Apex) selections Introduction
Apex is our secondary curriculum. Scheduling information was sent to all 6-12th graders last week. Our course catalog can be found here: https://flex.beaverton.k12.or.us/academics/academic-planning-guide
Information will also be given about:
- How to access lessons and class content
- How to contact teachers
- Attendance and sample daily schedules
- How to know how your child is doing
- What to do about device issues/troubleshooting
Q & A Sessions
If you have questions after looking at the resources please join in one of the sessions listed below.
These are optional sessions. If you have more than one child attending FOS, please join the group that best meets your schedule.
Wednesday, September 9 Sessions:
5 - 5:45pm: K-2nd grade parents & learning coaches
6 - 6:45pm: 3-5th grade parents & learning coaches
7 - 7:45pm: 6-8th grade parents & learning coaches
8 - 8:45pm: 9-12th grade parents & learning coaches
Thursday, September 10 Sessions:
9 - 9:45am: K-2nd grade parents & learning coaches
10 - 10:45am: 3-5th grade parents & learning coaches
11 - 11:45am: 6-8th grade parents & learning coaches
12 - 12:45pm: 9-12th grade parents & learning coaches