Fun With Firsties
February 1, 2016
Math-Topic 8 is underway this week. We will begin our study of place value this topic. Students will be introduced to the concept of tens and ones during our lessons this week.
Social Studies-Our Patriotic Play preparations are underway! Our lessons throughout the month will identify important American patriots and key American symbols.
Patriotic Play Updates
- All Patriotic Play parts have been assigned and scripts have been distributed. Please keep the scripts at home for reference. Now it's time to start memorizing!
- Costume information was sent home with your child last week. Please contact your child's teacher with any costume questions you might have.
- Below is link that takes you to our juke box for the Patriotic Play. We hope you will use it and encourage your child to practice singing the songs at home. http://sites.mayfieldjs.org/jmarks/
Happy Valentine's Day!
- January 29-Report cards were mailed, be on the lookout for yours! If you do not receive a report card, please contact Patti Long
- February 4-Field Trip to Fire Station-Mrs. Serrato's class and second half of Mrs. Murphy's class
- February 5-Love Gram orders due. Use the following link if needed
- February 9-Valentine's Day celebration
- February 10-Ash Wednesday Service, 9:00 a.m.
- February 12-Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Concert Dress, 11:00 a.m. Dismissal
- February 15-19-Winter Vacation, No School
- February 24-Patriotic Play, 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday-Online Math homework
Wednesday-Superkids Activity 82 and Memory Word Practice
Thursday-Journal-This week we read a story about Lily and Ettabetta and their trip to a toy store. What is your most favorite toy to play with? Write about the toy that you like to play with the most. Be sure to write 2-3 complete sentences and illustrate your writing!