Merryhill School News
As we talked with our students, our families are all different, and that is what makes us all special! Get ready for your students to be exceptionally kind and giving to you these next few weeks!
Week of Geography
Their projects will be on display during that week; however, they will be diligently preparing their work next week. Each class will be studying various landforms and presenting their studies in various ways. We will all be excited to see all of their wonderful work displayed.
Original Works / School Pictures
We will have pictures on sale this evening for one last opportunity. They will be in the office for you to purchase.
Daylight Saving Time
Open House / Math Night - 11/9
Veteran's Day Celebration
If a child brings a lunch from home on Friday, or any days of the week, please be reminded that we are unable to heat or refrigerate items. In addition, students are not permitted to have carbonated drinks, and, of course, as a nut free school, nut products are never permitted.
Parenting Resources - Daylight Savings Time
As much as we as adults are looking forward to our extra hour of sleep this weekend, it can play tricks on our children. You may find this article to help your little people make this transition.
- November 5: Daylight saving time ends - Set your clocks back one hour
- November 6: Original Works orders due
- November 7: Election Day
- November 7: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade enrichment trip to The Heard Museum - 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - bring a sack lunch
- November 9: Open House / Math Night 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- November 10: Veteran's Day Celebration 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- November 10: Veteran's Day - wear red, white, and blue
- November 13-17: Geography Week
- November 16: Thanksgiving Feast (at normal lunch times)
- November 17: Celebrate National Epilepsy Awareness Month - wear purple to celebrate awareness
- November 20-24: Thanksgiving Break - no instructional classes (school open 11/20-11/22)
- November 23-24: School closed for the Thanksgiving holiday