The Spark Newsletter
August 28, 2021
What to expect this week.
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- Football and Volleyball practice begins this week. (see information below for details)
- Updated Traffic Maps for Morning Drop off and Afternoon Pick up.
Morning Drop Off Traffic Map
- There are three drop off lanes - you may pull in and drop your student off in any of these lanes.
- If dropping off in the first lane (closest to the school), please pull as far forward as you can, then let student out of the car. Please note the "X" on the map, showing the parking spots for the first lane. You may need to pass the front door, to fill the first 4 spots, before letting student out of car.
- To ease the flow of exiting the parking lot, it is recommended that you take a right out of Leaman's driveway, instead of exiting down Charger Way.
Afternoon Drop Off Traffic Map
- Parking is allowed before 3:40pm, in the lot indicated in blue.
- All yellow traffic lanes are ONE lane only.
- To ease the flow of exiting the parking lot, it is recommended that you take a right out of Leaman's driveway, instead if exiting down Charger Way.
Attendance for 2021-2022
- Absences DO count forwards Exemptions for student's final exams.
- Excused doctor's notes must be received within FIVE days of the absence
- All physical and Rank One forms must be completed by 8:00am Monday for Major Sports
- Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade girls that made the volleyball teams. Thank you to all the girls who tried out. We had a record turnout for tryouts this year; over 150 girls! Our first home is September 9th vs. Lamar.
Skylert Information - Receiving emails and text messages from Leaman
- Click on Skylert, on the left side of screen
- The phone number and email address (where the arrows are indicating) must be correct
- Each box that is circled must be checked.
- You may have up to 2 emails who receives emailed notices and newsletters from Leaman
- Up to 4 phone numbers who receive texts and/or calls from Leaman
Office Aides - 8th Graders
Please read the Guidelines and complete the Application
School Picture Day - September 8th
Drop off order forms at the Front Office
Partnership - Staff - Students - Parents
This is our Charger Motto! Once a Charger - Always a Charger!.
To be a successful Charger - this takes a team.
(1) Parent (2) Student (3) Teacher.
Parents, join us this year in making your Charger a Success. Print this out, place it on your home, so that this always remind us - what it takes to make a successful Charger.
If we work together - your student will have a great year and learn skills to guide them into their future lives.
Nicole Smith - Girls Athletic Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
August 30th - Football Practice Begins
September 3rd - Volleyball Game vs Briscoe & Wright
September 6th - Student/Staff Holiday
September 8th - PICTURE DAY
September 14th - Student and Parent Open House
September 15th - Football Scrimmage vs Reading
September 24th - Student/Staff Holiday
October 1st - End of 1st 6 Weeks