February 25, 2022
- March 1-31- Werner Reading Challenge
- Wednesday, March 2- Read Across America Day
- Thursday, March 3- Science Fair projects due
- Friday, Mar. 4- Spirit Day: Dress like your favorite book character
- Friday, March 4- Science Fair Open House (Last Name A-M 5:00-5:45; N-Z 5:45-6:30 pm)
NEWS FROM WERNER
March 4 Spirit Day-Dress like your favorite book character
When your student will be absent due to illness, an appointment and/or trip, please contact the attendance line at 970-488-5551. You may also use the attendance feature on the ParentVUE app.
While letting the classroom teacher know about an upcoming absence is helpful, the front office also needs to be alerted when your student will be absent during the school day.
Werner Science Fair-Final Details
- Please make sure to label project boards and all items brought to school with students' names and homeroom teachers. This will help us return projects to students after the fair. Projects will be sent home with student on Monday after the fair.
- Projects should be brought to school with students next Thursday morning. Students should take projects to their homeroom classes where they will have an opportunity to present and share with their friends. At the end of the school day, projects will be taken down to the gym for setup. If necessary, a family member may come to school at the end of the day to help with anything heavy or delicate. Please make sure to sign-in as a visitor before entering the school.
- Teachers have scheduled a time to take their classes down to the gym next Friday to view the projects. We will have an open house Friday evening for families wishing to walk through the gym and view the projects. To increase safety, we ask that you do not congregate indoors. Families should plan to attend during the following times:
- 5:00-5:45- Last names beginning with A-M
- 5:45-6:30- Last names beginning with N-Z
- Awards will be announced and presented on Monday, March 7th after the fair is complete.
Third Grade Teacher
Werner Reading Challenge
In honor of National Reading Month, we encourage students to read every day and join in our Werner Reading Challenge. The goal is to read as many minutes as possible over the month of March.
- Each day, students will write the name of the book and the number of minutes read on the Student Reading Log. Being read to will also count in the challenge!
- For any student that turns in a Student Reading Log at the end of March, they will receive prize (any number of minutes).
- For students that read at least 300 minutes for the month, they will receive a token for the book machine.
- If our whole school reads over 100,000 minutes, we will have a special prize for the whole school!
After March 31, students will turn in their Student Reading Log to their teacher. Have fun reading Wildcats!
Also, students will receive one of the paw bookmarks (see picture) from their teacher in the coming week as part of the celebration of reading.
Plans for Next Year (2022-2023)
We often get questions about our staff and their favorite things (for appreciation, etc.). You can access those remotely at Staff Favorites.
NEWS FROM WERNER PTA
PTA Spirit Wear
Like our Cool PTA Mom tees? The Werner PTA has designed some Grownup Tees and Coffee Mugs for purchase to show your PTA spirit!
Follow us on Facebook to stay engaged with School Events and see what the PTA is up to at the school.
FREE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL! Did you know there are ways to donate money to the school by doing things you already do?
If you shop at King Soopers with a loyalty card they will donate to Werner when you sign up here.
If you shop on Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Smile and they will donate 1% of purchases.
If you like to eat out, the PTA hosts Werner Dines Out once a month and the restaurants we partner with will donate back to the school.
Thank you for supporting the Werner Elementary PTA!
PTA President | Anjani Rogenski
PTA Vice President | Nicole Kidd
PTA Treasurer | Patti Haswell
PTA Secretary | Chelsea Padgett
PTA Board member | Juliana Schump
Connect with us at PTAWernerElementary@gmail.com
There Is No Wrong Way to PTA. How Do You PTA?
NEWS FROM PSD
PSD Now Newsletter
One of many ways information is shared is through the PSD Now community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. This is emailed to families and interested community members about every other Thursday.
Here is the most recent newsletter of PSD Now. For archived newsletters and information about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.