Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
March 22, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
A reminder that you child's teacher(s) are checking email at least once daily. If you have any questions, please reach out to him/her, and be patient with the response time.
I know some families are itching for more for their child to do, some are just going with the flow and enjoying the time to reconnect as a family, and some are in full panic mode - maybe because there is no one to watch their child, they work in a high risk environment, their business/work hours are being cut and paying the bills is a real concern. For ALL of you, and those in between, I thought these words were really relevant (pulled from Facebook - from a gal named Darcy Huguenin Schalk):
Virtual Spirit Day
Being In Touch - on weekdays from Mr. Leaman
Being in Touch - big info from Mrs. Hladun as needed
- on our website front page (lces.wpusd.org)
- via a notification to check for communication via Facebook
- via a notification to check for communication via Instagram
- via a notification to check for communication via Twitter
- via a notification to check for communication via our school app.
You can get info on all of those communication tools at the bottom of this (and every) newsletter.
Being in Touch - daily on Social Media
- readings - a story for primary learners, and a chapter(s) from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and The Lightening Thief - found on YouTube - search for Jennifer Hladun/look for the LCES logo
- a fun thing to check out
Please also stay in touch with your teachers - they are trying all kinds of new platforms to connect with your child! Learn with us!
The LCES Office - this week
You can drop your address into this finder to confirm your elementary school boundary. Be sure to click the "Approved 2020-21 Elementary Boundary" box on the right to see next year's boundary!
Every Friday is a Colt Pride day! We love it all - new items, vintage Colt Gear, homemade items, Zebra gear, and blue & yellow! Click for our online spirit wear store - open 24/7/365!
The district has approved and published the next 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!