December 8, 2014
2013-14 Texas Academic Performance Report
Working Toward Our Goals
Reading Goal - By June 2015, 93% of all 3rd/4th grade students will achieve mastery in reading on the state assessment; 88% of all kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade students will be reading on-grade level at the expected rate of fluency for the grade level with 88% of students Developed in Reading Comprehension.
- Guided Reading professional development with Claudia Brancato
- Grade level training (2 1/2 days) with Claudia
- Walkthroughs/post observation conferences with Claudia
- Walkthroughs/post observation conferences with Literacy Trainer
- District Professional Development - Shared Reading & Guided Reading
- Middle of the Year Assessment...January 2015
Math Goal - By June 2015, 93% of students will achieve mastery in math on state assessments with 90% of the kids in each subpopulation achieving mastery.
- Study of Math TEKS (weekly)
- Restate as learning outcomes
- Lone Star Problem Solving (1st-4th)
- 3rd year implementation of Investigations
Are we preparing kids for our past or their future?
Expectations of a 21st Century Learning Environment
- Student centered
- Focus on application of learning
- Students active in the learning process
- Students and teachers reflecting on learning process together
Skills most important to be successful in the 21st Century...
Role of technology in the classroom...
Feedback for legislators...
I Notice...I Wonder...