The Father of Modern Genetics
- In grade school, Mendel was recognized for being a gifted child and was sent to a boarding school in Opava.
- He was later accepted into the University of Olomouc college.
- Mendel couldn´t find a job at college so he had to return home and live with his parents.
- He also could not pass the tough teaching exams, even though he tried several times.
1. There was a total of 6,689 dominants genes and 2,279 recessive genes.
2. There were 428 green pods and 152 yellow pods.
3.There were 5,474 round pods and 1,850 angular pods.4. There were 787 long pods and 277 short pods.
Definition: Most powerful.
Example: brown eyes, dark and curly hair
Definition: Not very powerful. (gets covered up)
Example: no dimples, no freckles
Definition: Not the most powerful but still pretty powerful (neither dominant or recessive)Example: AB blood type