Summit Husky Herald
June 4, 2018
EVERY FRIDAY WEAR YOUR SUMMIT SPIRIT WEAR OR WEAR RED
Wednesday, June 6th
- Last day of school for 4K students
- Summit Field Day
Thursday, June 7th
- Last day of school!
- 10:30 4th grade Moving On Ceremony
- 12:40 Dismissal
- Last day to check the lost and found!
Friday, June 8th
- Report cards are posted to Family Access by 4 pm
Monday, June 11-Thursday, June 14
- 8:00-4:00--Darla and Becky will be in the Summit office
For more information on any of the Summit sponsored PTO Events, please click here for a link to the PTO website and calendar!
SAYING FAREWELL TO THESE STAFF MEMBERS
As we end this year, there are some current Summit staff members who will be spending their last days as a Husky and we wanted to personally thank them:
- Mrs. Terri Baisden, one of our current speech pathologists, will be retiring at the end of the year. Terri has worked at Summit for 25 years and she has touched many, many lives throughout the years.
- Mrs. Becky Hoida, our current part-time Administrative Assistant in the office, will be moving to Greenland Elementary to become their full-time Administrative Assistant (Darla's current role). Becky has been in this role the last two years and prior to that she was a paraprofessional in our library for 3 years.
- Mrs. Julie LoDuca, one of our current 3rd grade teachers, will be moving to Ixonia Elementary to be their part-time Reading Specialist. Julie has been a classroom teacher at Summit for 11 years.
As these staff members move on to new adventures, we wish them the best and hope that they fondly remember their time at Summit. We appreciate all they have done over the years.
SUMMIT SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAM
Last week your child was introduced to our Summit Summer Learning Program. A “Learning Through the Summer” backpack came home last week thanks to our PTO. In this backpack you should have found some information on setting summer learning goals and bringing back their Summer Learning Contracts next fall when school starts so we can celebrate with your child for all they accomplished throughout the summer.
In case you missed it, we shared our much anticipated Summer Learning Video with everyone last week. Feel free to watch it throughout the summer to keep your child motivated so they keep "Learning Through the Summer!"
Here is the link to our Summit Summer Learning Webpage which includes the video:
ORDER SCHOOL SUPPLY PAKS BY JUNE 8TH!
SUMMIT SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
Mr. Stuckey works all summer. However, there are times he is at meetings or on vacation so you will not always find him at Summit. Should you need anything over the summer, you can always email him at email@example.com.
Click button for school and community flyers and information, updated weekly.