Titan Staff news
Week of February 15
Remember on January 4th when I asked you if you were willing to do what it takes to be the best middle school, not only in NISD, but in Texas? My question was met with heads nodding and a resounding YES.
Don't lose that fire and motivation you felt that day. Now is the time to go the extra mile, keep the fidelity of instruction and to do the little things that add up. Our instructional non-negotiables are the key to our success as a Middle School. From Learning Targets to PLCs to Progress Monitoring and the Workshop Model....if you commit to doing those things listed on your Pocket Problem of Practice, the Titans will come out on top!
Have a great week
This Week at Tidwell:
Mon, Feb 15th
Student Holiday - Staff Development Day
Tues, Feb 16th
Math/Sci PLC - 8:00am
AVID Site Team Mtg - 8:00am
Barker @ Council of PTA am
Retirement Reception - Dennis McCreary 3:00pm (admin)
Rezoning Meeting 6:00pm (admin)
Wed, Feb 17th
Principal PLC - HERE!
ELA/SS PLCs - 8:00am
OAP UIL Competition
Thurs, Feb 18th
Friday, Feb 19th
Team Mtg - 8:00am
Tidwell Glow Dance 6-8:00pm
- AVID Spring Tshirts! Cost is $12 for the tshirt and money is due Fri, Feb 19.
- Thank you to the Random Acts of Kindness Club for the cookies on Friday!
- Keep an eye on this coming Friday for treats from our Tidwell PTA!
- Please report to you designated locations for Monday's Staff Development. Classes resume on Tuesday!
- The Hump Day cart is making a comeback....stay tuned!
- Thank you for those who are supporting AVID through our BINGO game!
- I've created a screencast video explaining the Instructional Domain for TTESS. I'll repost this several times over this spring as you get used to hearing the evidence of the rubric. Additional information can be found at Teach For Texas.
- I'm sad to share with you that due to lower numbers in our PACEE classroom, paraprofessionals Donna Levy and Cara Sarlo will be leaving us for other school. Donna will brighten the hallways of Cox Elementary and Cara will share with Wilson how Titans work hard. We wish these ladies well!
Sweatin' in the PLCs
This week you will work in your full (large) group PLCs. Please note the change for Math/Sci PLCs due to Staff Development on Monday. This week your PLC will be a mobile unit walking and sharing feedback on Learning Targets. This is an important piece of the Instructional Focus for this school year.
Learning Targets Feedback
Task: Walk into the classroom of each team member and view the posted Learning Target. Identify and discuss the exact language in the LT that reflects the Standard of learning. Is the LT written in student-friendly, developmentally appropriate language? What is the performance of understanding? Describe the student look-fors. (To know how well we are learning this…)