Gouverneur Elementary News
Week of December 18, 2017
Emergency Early Dismissal Drill Thursday, December 21, 2017
The Gouverneur Central School District will hold an “Emergency Early Dismissal Drill” on Thursday, December 21st. This drill will be a practice drill for an UNPLANNED early dismissal.
Students will be dismissed as follows:
Middle/High Students: 1:35 p.m.
Elementary Students: 2:00 p.m.
Please review the following guidelines that will be followed for this drill:
- ·ALL students will follow the unplanned early dismissal plans to the designated locations that parents/guardians provided on their student’s emergency sheet.
- All notes written for the day are overridden UNLESS a note specifically states that it should be followed even in the case of an early dismissal.
- Changes to dismissal cannot be accepted over the phone.
- Changes to the December 21st dismissal must be received by the elementary office no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 20th.
- There is NO Rec. Center on early dismissal days.
Mystery Hangouts Happening at Gouverneur Elementary So Cool!
Are you registered for One Call Now?
Our Family Reading Night was such a success. Even Santa showed!
- December 19: HS Band, Orchestra, and Select Strings Concert 7:00pm
- December 20: Ugly Holiday Sweater Day
- December 20: 7-8 Middle School Chorus, Orchestra and Band Concert 7:00pm
- December 21: Polar Express Pajama Day
- December 21: Progress Reports mailed to only students who need them.
- December 21: Early Emergency Dismissal. Please see note above.
- December 22-January 1: Holiday Break
- January 17: PTO Meeting 6:30pm
Gouverneur Elementary Pledge
I pledge to make Gouverneur Elementary a safe and happy place.
I will be respectful, responsible and honest.
I will treat others the way I want to be treated, with gold and blue shining through.
Gouverneur Elementary School, Gouverneur, NY
We are a Responsive Classroom school, so our belief is that the social and emotional curriculum is just as important as the academic curriculum. We pride ourselves to "Delivering The Promise of A Brighter Future!"
Please visit our webiste and our PTO Facebook page!