Upcoming vaccine clinic
A message from Mounds View Public Schools
November 9, 2021
In partnership with HealthPartners, parents of students ages 5-11 are invited to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at Edgewood Middle School for their child on November 19 or 20. See below for information about how to schedule your child’s vaccine appointment. The vaccine is optional and offered at no cost for all students.
How to make an appointment:
Click on the link below to schedule an appointment. Appointments are available on Friday, November 19 (4-8 p.m.) and Saturday, November 20 (8 a.m.-noon).
Edgewood Middle School cafeteria
Schedule an appointment at healthpartners.com/schedule.
Tips for using the HealthPartners portal:
- If you have a HealthPartners account, log in with your credentials and follow the prompts to make an appointment for your child.
- If you do not have an account, select “Find an appointment first” and follow the prompts to make an appointment for your child.
- After entering your child’s birthdate information, select “COVID-19 vaccine” from the field of options on the screen.
- If you see the option to add a flu shot to your appointment, do not select that option. Flu shots will not be offered at this clinic.
- Search for “Edgewood” or “Mounds View” to find this vaccine clinic on the location page.
Vaccine clinic information
- The vaccine administered will be the Pzifer-BioNTech vaccine, which was recently authorized for children ages 5 through 11.
- Appointments are only available for students ages 5 through 11. If you or someone you know over the age of 12 is interested in a vaccine, find one here.
- There are limited vaccines available. If you are unable to find an appointment, there are other opportunities to get the Pfizer vaccine through the Vaccine Finder.
- Scheduling for the second dose will occur onsite after the first dose is received. The second dose should be administered on or around December 10.
- The vaccine is free regardless of your family’s health insurance status. Please bring insurance information if you have it. Your insurance will be billed, but there will be no cost to you for the vaccine.
- Please show up as close to your appointment time as possible in order to minimize the number of people inside the building.
- Participants will be directed to a waiting area with other participants for 15-30 minutes after their vaccination for observation by a medical professional.
- Vaccines are available at many local pharmacies and health clinics. Find one using the Vaccine Finder or speak with your child’s healthcare provider.
Contact Sarah Osterman with questions at 651-621-6089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.