Stand Up Against Antisemitism!
What is Antisemitism?
The term used when someone is prejudiced against or hostile towards Jews, just because they are Jewish.
Characteristics of Antisemitism:
- The idea that Jews are the killer of God, the Antichrist, or satan
- Jews being portrayed as a race, not a religion
- The accusation that Jews have a severe genetic deficiency
- Idea that Jews are loyal to Jews and not their country
- Idea that Jews are not loyal in business
causes of antisemitism:
- Racial Theory – the Jews are hated because they are an inferior race.
- Economic Theory – the Jews are hated because they possess too much wealth and power.
- Outsiders Theory – the Jews are hated because they are different from everyone else.
- Scapegoat Theory – the Jews are hated because they are the cause for all the world’s problems.
- Deicide Theory – the Jews are hated because they killed Jesus Christ.
- Chosen People Theory – the Jews are hated because they arrogantly declare they are the “chosen ones of God.”
What can you do?
The two ways that you can stand up against antisemitism, is to educate people and talk to people. Teach people about the history of antisemitism and its problems today. Another way to stop it is to talk to people. Through talking, you can try to make people understand where you are coming from, and the thoughts of Jews. If nothing is done to stop antisemitism, then the number of antisemitic people will rise, along with hate crimes, and discrimination.