Arlington Elementary School
August 26, 2022
RUSH COUNTY SCHOOLS VISION STATEMENT
September 5 - Labor Day - No School
September 7 - Early Release
September 14 - Early Release
September 19-23 - Book Fair
September 21 - School Picture Day
September 21 - Family Fun Night
September 21 - Early Release
September 28 - Early Release
AES Reading Challenge!!
K-3 Read 25 books per semester
4-6 Read 15 books per semester
Winter reward: All expense paid trip to the movies
Spring reward: To be announced!
Help us spread the joy of reading! We want everyone at AES to love it!
Homework Help Sessions
Lady Lion FALL Basketball Camp 2022
Boys Basketball Dirt Road League
Fun in the Classroom!
Treasures of the Earth
Join the Children's Museum for an interactive evening of family learning and discovery about archaeology!!
- Discover what happens to artifacts left in underwater shipwreck
- Create a Terra Cotta Warrior
- Learn about the tools used to unearth things left behind from ancient cultures
- SO MUCH MORE!
For families or students in crisis anytime:
Meridian (800) 333-2647
Centerstone (800) 832-5442
* If your child has been absent, they will need to stop in our clinic before returning to class to drop off doctor’s notes and touch base with our school nurse.
* We have implemented an easy pick up/ drop off process for those needing to pick up
homework, drop off items like water bottles or other items. There is a locker bay in the front
foyer that will eliminate the need to enter the front office. A locker number will be assigned to
you via the phone to drop off or pick up items needed.
*WE ENCOURAGE ALL STUDENTS TO BRING A SEE THROUGH WATER BOTTLE FROM HOME- WE HAVE TOUCHLESS WATER FILLING STATIONS FOR THEM TO USE.
* Please continue to screen your child each day for the following-
· A fever of 100 or higher
· Persistent cough
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· New loss of taste or smell
-Vomiting & Diarrhea
****Students are not allowed to ride home on bus routes other than their regular bus route. Pick ups or drop offs on this same route can be altered. This is a corporation policy.
Consistent attendance is key to educational success. It is important that your child is in attendance each day, unless unable to attend due to illness or emergency.
Reminder about REPORTING ATTENDANCE... Either call the school or email email@example.com Thank you.
*Rush County Schools are looking for SUBSTITUTES for teachers, assistants, and custodians. Please apply on-line or in person with RCS. https://rcs.rushville.k12.in.us/employment
* Chrome books are sent home every night. Students have the ability to use Google Off line so that those without internet can access can use their Chrome book at home. If this is not working for you, please request homework in a hard copy form from your teacher.
If you have a device at home in which you want your child to use and not transport one back
and forth, please email your classroom teacher and let them know.