Mrs. Lamparter's Class
May 1, 2015
May 4th (Monday) OPENING CEREMONIES: 1:30 p.m.
May 6th (Wednesday)
- TUG OF WAR: 8:45- 9:45 a.m.
- CENTERS: 10:15- 11:30 a.m.
- PICNIC LUNCH: 11:40 a.m.
- RELAYS: 1:00- 2:15 p.m.
The last day to record MEGA MINUTES is Friday, May 8th. Students will be recognized at the Mega Minute Celebration on May 15th at 10:10 AM.Here are reward totals:
- White Horseshoe: 660+ minutes
- Maroon Horseshoe: 940 +minutes
- Gold Horseshoe: 1100+ minutes
- Bronco: 1410+ minutes
Our Spring Kindergarten Program will be on Wednesday, May 13th at 9:00 AM. We will also have our end of the year party that afternoon from 12:00- 1:00 PM.
- Building our sight word vocabulary- we should know ALL 50 Fry words!
- Retelling familiar stories and telling about the characters, setting, and what happened in the story
- Matching long and short vowel sounds with common spellings
- Telling similar words apart by the sounds
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text about plants and insects
- Writing informational stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
We will have a shorter amount of time this 4th Nine weeks to record mega minutes so the totals have been adjusted. CHECK OUT OUR NEW FORM which will calculate your child's totals for you! Our 4th Nine Weeks celebration will be Friday, May 15th at 10:10 AM. Students who earned 3 Bronco awards will get to eat breakfast with Mrs. Wright!
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 660+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 940 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1100+ minutes
Bronco: 1410+ minutes
- Adding and subtracting with objects and pictures
- Adding and subtracting within ten by drawing or using objects to solve problems
- Describing attributes of an object such as weight ot length
- Decomposing numbers less than or equal to ten in different ways
- Adding any number from one to nine to make ten
- Sorting objects into categories
- Fluently adding and subtracting within five
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
CRAIG CHARACTER AWARD
- Please join us for Field day activities...the list of activities is above!
- Mark your calendars for our Spring Kindergarten Program on Wednesday, May 13th at 9:00 AM. We will also have our end of the year party that afternoon from 12:00- 1:00 PM.
- Our 4th Nine Weeks Mega Minute celebration will be Friday, May 15th at 10:10 AM. Please make sure you read and record your minutes.
- Keep Your Brain in Shape Over the Summer with MobyMax! (Log in to your Student Portal and find the link on the Craig Landing Page under Curriculum Connections or in the Symbaloo green section) Login: Student ID Number Pswd: Kcraiges
- Camp Invention is coming to Craig Elementary on June 1-4th from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Sign up at http://campinvention.org