P.S. 212Q News
September 10, 2021
Dear P.S. 212Q Families,
Welcome back to school!
We are so excited to welcome back all 700 students in Pre-Kindergarten to grade 5!
Everyone's health and safety is a priority. Please remember to complete the Health Screener every morning and wear a mask.
We are sharing a lot of information in this week's newsletter. Please read carefully.
Please provide your child with their classroom number and teacher's name written on a card. Please label the inside of their bookbag with their name and class.
- Monday, September 13th – First day of school 😊 **Pre-Kindergarten students have a different schedule, please see below, an email was sent to all Pre-K parents.**
- Thursday, September 16th – School is closed for Yom Kippur
If If you would like to know a little more about me: https://www.smore.com/b8rq6
Laura Miniero, Principal (IA)
We have many goals for your children this year:
· to feel welcomed, safe, and secure in our learning environment
· to learn something new every day
· to meet and exceed their learning targets
· to participate in service-learning projects
· to create works of art, dance, and sing
· to build friendships and socialize
· to develop technological skills and critical thinking skills
· and to be inspired to lead; we will have a Student Council in all grades K-5. One student from each class will be selected as a representative and will participate in weekly meetings making important decisions about student life at P.S. 212Q.
Arrival and Dismissal Schedule - Please bear with us this first week arrival may take longer until routines are in place. Please take a picture at our Welcome Back banner. Thank you.
Pre-K First Week of School Arrival and Dismissal Schedule
We are ready for students!
-Complete the health screener
-Wear a face covering
-Provide proof of one dose of the vaccination.
This is new Department of Education Policy effective September 9, 2021.