GMS Thursday Updates
September 19, 2019
Every Thursday (occasionally it's a Friday) we send out a weekly update and reminder of any events in the upcoming week(s) at The Galvin. Below are next week's upcoming events.
Galvin Open House
- Monday: "Everyone Counts Day" - wear clothing that has numbers on it to symbolize that EVERYONE COUNTS! All students will receive a smiley face pin to promote our "Smile and Say Hi" campaign.
- Tuesday: "Random Acts of Kindness Day" - wear GOLD to symbolize kindness and to support Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Students will be recognized for acts of kindness. Kindness tickets will be turned in to the office for prizes.
- Wednesday: "Team Spirit Day" - wear your team color to promote team community. Galaxies (black), Meteorites (pink), Supernovas (blue), Grizzlies (red), Macaw (yellow), Sharks (white), Green (green), Silver (silver/gray)
- Thursday: "Black Out Bullying" - wear black to symbolize eradicating bullying!
- Friday: "Galvin Spirit Day" - wear green and white or Canton/GMS gear to show your school spirit. 6th graders should plan to attend the 6th Grade Ice-Cream Social in the cafeteria from 2:15 - 3:15.
In addition, Mr. Spillane and Mr. Gibson will be doing anti-bullying workshops with all 6th grade students. At the end of the session, students will sign an anti-bullying pledge.
GMS GOES GOLD
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and to show our support, GMS will “Go Gold” on Tuesday, September 24th to raise funds and awareness for childhood cancer. Students and staff are encouraged to wear gold or yellow and purchase gold ribbons for $1 in support of childhood cancer awareness
Grade 6 Ice Cream Social
Be on the Look Out!
In addition, verification sheets will be emailed home in the next several weeks. Please be sure to carefully check your information and make any changes are necessary. This is your opportunity to update changes to address, phone number, medical information, etc.
Held at the Galvin, FIT-4-FUND$ asks each student to choose a wellness-based event: WALKING, BIKING, ROLLERBLADING, SKATEBOARDING, FLAG FOOTBALL, SHOOTING HOOPS, YMCA BOOT CAMP, and collect pledges. Each child will receive a FIT-4-FUND$ packet which includes the pledge sheet and an envelope. Our goal is to have every student participate and receive a donation of (at least) $50.00 per student.
All pledge sheets and money are due back to your child's homeroom teacher.
This year's FIT-4-FUND$ event will be held on Friday, October 4th (with a rain date of Monday, October 7th.)
Calling All Parents
Calling all parents!! The Galvin CAPT is looking for help with our FIT-4-FUND$. We are looking for parents to secure fun raffle prizes for the children. We are hoping to collect enough gift cards that many children can win. Some ideas for gift cards are Amazon, Dunkin, Daddy’s Dairy, Bertucci’s, Chipolte, Smash Burger, Starbucks, Target, Orange Leaf, Five Guys, Panera, and movie gift cards. Other ideas are welcome, but we ask that donations are done in 3’s so a child in each grade level will win one. Please reach out to Sarah Pirrera, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dawn Harn, email@example.com to arrange drop offs. We will need all raffle tickets by Wednesday, October 2th.